Gnole is a genus of enemies in Final Fantasy XI.
It was the Shadow Lord himself who first unleashed these fearsome wolfmen upon the continent of Quon. Though gnoles are able to speak the common tongue, albeit in broken form, they have no unique customs or culture of their own. Never taking up weaponry, these ferocious beasts rely solely upon tooth and claw guided by animalistic savagery to render their enemies bloodied and lifeless heaps. Some have gone so far as to speculate that the gnoles are the former vikings of the northlands, their bodies controlled by dark sorcery.
At night these ferocious beasts grow stronger, automatically regenerating their health. Their power is also based on the cycles of the moon, with their ability to heal themselves with their Plenilune Embrace increasing based on the cycle of the moon. Defeating a gnole is much more difficult during a full moon than a new one. Nevertheless, they are hunted by brave adventurers at all hours, in order to obtain the gnole's coveted claw, which can be worth up to 10,000 gil if used in the right situations.
- Asuran Claws: Sixfold melee attack. Only used while standing upright.
- Cacophony: Magic Attack and Magic Defense boost.
- Call of the Moon: Gains Intimidation effect.
- Fevered Pitch: Single target damage, Defense down, and Stun.
- Nox Blast: Cone Attack Knockback, minor damage, and reset TP to 0. Only used while standing upright.
- Plenilune Embrace: Large HP Recovery, increased Attack power, Magic Attack, and Erase.
gnolls greatly resemble humanoid hyenas. They are usually between seven and eight feet tall, weighing around 250 to 320 pounds, and use armor made of horn, metal, or leather.In the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game,