The Giant, also known as Colossus, is a dummied enemy from Final Fantasy VI. It uses the same palette as the Hill Gigas. It is not possible to fight it normally, but can be fought if the ROM (or in-game RAM) is patched appropriately.
Giant has a completed battle script, so it is not known why it does not appear the game. In the script, Giant will target anyone who uses a Bushido or Blitz on it. It has a few magic spells: Dancing Flame, Hailstone, and Magnitude 8, the last of which is quite powerful.
Unlike the Kaiser Dragon, Giant was not used in any future releases. It still remains in the code in all versions, likely left in to avoid creating bugs.
|Number||Enemies||Encounter flags||Introduction flag||Musical theme||Magic AP|
|Norm. Normal||Back||Surr. Surrounded||Side|
|461||Giant||Sides, individual||The Decisive Battle||0|
|Hide start messages.|
AI script Edit
If attacked by "Blitz" and "Bushido":
- 1st Turn: Attack (33%) or Hit (33%) or Hailstone (33%)
- 2nd Turn: Dancing Flame (33%) or Magnitude 8 (33%) or Hailstone (33%)
If Gau is a valid target:
- 1st Turn: Attack (33%) or Dancing Flame (33%) or Hit (33%)
- 2nd Turn: Attack (33%) or Magnitude 8 (33%) or Hailstone (33%)
- 3rd Turn: Attack (66%) or Dancing Flame (33%)
- 4th Turn: Attack (33%) or Dancing Flame (33%) or Hit (33%)
- 5th Turn: Attack (66%) or Dancing Flame (33%)
The original meaning of the word colossus is an exceptionally large statue.
- The sprite that is shared between Giant, Gigantos, Glasya Labolas, Hill Gigas, and Gargantua was used and modified for the Colossus and Taros enemies in Bahamut Lagoon.