- "Yes, the twelve legendary weapons. They're weapons, they're legendary, and there are even twelve of them!"
- —Ghido, mocking Bartz, Final Fantasy V
Ghido (ギード, Gīdo?), also known as Gill in the Anthology translation, or Guido in the RPGe fan-translation, is a character from the game Final Fantasy V. He is an ancient turtle who lives in a shrine on Galuf's homeworld. Bartz, Lenna, Galuf, and Faris try to visit him, but Exdeath destroys the shrine and submerges it.
Bartz and his friends travel to meet him there after acquiring a submarine, and Bartz makes fun of him, thinking him to be an ordinary turtle. Galuf breaks up the fight, and Ghido tells them to travel to the Great Forest of Moore to intercept Exdeath.
Later, in the merged world, Ghido is living in his shrine, which has now resurfaced, and Bartz, Faris, and Krile visit him. Krile has a splinter, which turns out to be Exdeath in disguise. Exdeath shows off his power sparring with Ghido, who puts up a good fight. Exdeath departs as the Interdimensional Rift emerges in the skies over Castle Tycoon. Ghido then accompanies Bartz, Faris, and Krile to the Library of the Ancients, where the scholars from Castle Surgate welcome him.
With the Sealed Tome restored, he explains to the Light Warriors about the Sealed Weapons they will need before they take on Exdeath in the Rift. After they obtain the first tablet, Exdeath unleashes the power of the Void in the Library, declaring he's going to "take care of a turtle infestation." At the end of the game, the Library, along with Ghido and the scholars inside it, is restored.
- In Dissidia Final Fantasy, one of Exdeath's exclusive weapons is known as Ghido's Whisker.
- Also in Dissidia, upon reaching level 100 an extra voice sample for Exdeath will be available, this voice sample features him yelling the word "Turtle!" in an angry and surprised tone, a line he uttered during his battle with the turtle sage Ghido. This line is sometimes randomly uttered at the beginning of his EX Burst once it has been unlocked.
- In the GBA/PSP/iOS remakes of the original Final Fantasy, Gill is one of the automatic names the player can choose for the Red Mage Job.
- Ghido indirectly references the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the GBA remake with the line, "You think I sat around seven centuries munching on pizza?"