Gatling, also known as Gatlinger or Gatlinghog, may refer to:
- The enemy from Final Fantasy IV.
- The enemy from Final Fantasy IV -Interlude-.
- The enemy from Final Fantasy IV: The After Years.
- The enemy from Final Fantasy V.
- The elite mark from Final Fantasy XIV.
- The enemy from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.
- The enemy and genus from Final Fantasy Dimensions.
- The enemy from Pictlogica Final Fantasy.
- The enemy ability from Final Fantasy Record Keeper.
- The enemy from Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon.
Gatling gun is one of the best-known early rapid-fire weapons and a forerunner of the modern machine gun named after its inventor Richard Gatling. The Gatling gun's operation centered on a cyclic multi-barrel design which facilitated cooling and synchronized the firing/reloading sequence. Each barrel fired a single shot when it reached a certain point in the cycle, after which it ejected the spent cartridge, loaded a new round, and allowed the barrel to cool allowing higher rates of fire without the barrel overheating.The