Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Galbadia Continent is a location in Final Fantasy VIII. It is the most populous continent in the game and is where the majority of Disc 1 takes place. Its name comes from the most powerful nation on the continent, and was formerly known as the Dollet continent for the same reason.
It is the only continent in the game that encompasses more than one country. Galbadia, Dollet, Timber, and Winhill are all located on this continent, along with Galbadia Garden. Roads and railroads can be found across the continent, connecting every country except Winhill and also connecting to Balamb (via an underwater tunnel) and Esthar (via the Horizon Bridge).
Galbadia Continent LocationsEdit
- D-District Prison
- Deling City
- Island Closest to Hell
- Missile Base
- Tomb of the Unknown King
- Hasberry Plains form most of the country, including the city of Dollet.
- Holy Glory Cape is to the North, inaccessible by foot.
- Long Horn Island extends from just off the northern shore.
- Malgo Peninsula is west of Dollet, and almost connects to Galbadia.
- Dingo Desert is where the D-District Prison is located.
- Gotland Peninsula is the location of the Tomb of the Unknown King.
- Great Plains of Galbadia are home to the country's capital, Deling City, and the Missile Base.
- Lallapalooza Canyon connects to Timber.
- Monterosa Plateau is where Galbadia Garden is located in Disc 1.
- Wilburn Hill contains one of the four gates to Ultimecia Castle on Disc 4.
- Lanker Plains is the central area of the country, where the city of Timber is located.
- Mandy Beach lines the eastern coast.
- Nanchucket Island is a large island to the southeast, near the Horizon Bridge.
- Obel Lake is home to an unseen creature that the party can talk to.
- Roshfall Forest is the heavily wooded area northeast of the city. Mr. Monkey is here.
- Shenand Hill is in the southwest, near Winhill.
- Yaulny Canyon connects Timber to Galbadia and Dollet.
- Humphrey Archipelago is a pair of large islands off the southwest coast.
- Winhill Bluffs make up most of this region, and contain the town of Winhill.