Spun-off from Forum:Wikia Transition. Problem list:
hiddenStrucutre now functions. From what it seems, Wikia are no longer sporting it, since they added it to our CSS instead of new skin's CSS import.
tabs don't work
we still have tabber
Bluer told me of this a while ago, I thought it would be too much effort to replace the old tabs with this, and it wouldn't work with the easy way to use hiddenStructure in partnership with tab div things to do the "if main tab parameter does not exist, remove tab completely" thing. Maybe it's possible to use the source code of the tabber to change our JS.
Otherwise we'll have to convert it. And we've used tabs on so many random pages. Really we should have made a category for pages using standalone tabs (not as part of a template). I'm sure we can tweak the JS or CSS so a word is displayed. Then we can use WikiSearch to find the instances. On old WikiSearch we could just search "class="tabber"" and find them all, but alas, they use a fail search system that reads the page, not the code. JBed 15:48, October 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Oh yeah, the thing that was making our galleries fail was hiddenStructure. The thing that was making our gallery template fail was because it heavily used hiddenStructure. The thing that makes our enemy templates fail was hiddenStructure + tab fail. Now hiddenStructure is back, tabs still seem to fail. Mognet (Dissidia). JBed 15:51, October 19, 2010 (UTC)
Okay, I'll try and go through these.
- Simple classes should be able to fix the placement of things in the top-right, by specifying its placement for Monobook in Common.css, and using an !important to override it for Oasis.
- Spoiler tags go below images now/ on my screen.
- Edit/Move thing is working right for me. Tried Ctrl+Click and right-click, new tab. Haven't tried middle click but my mouse doesn't have a middle click.
- TOC, NOTOC and FORCETOC are working. We don't generally use FORCETOC, but that might work. JBed 22:16, October 19, 2010 (UTC)
- My Tools is the most annoying thing ever. I looked at the source and it looks easy enough to remove. Whether we're allowed to is another matter. Now, whether we can add the links onto the sidebar is another question.
- You lost most of the tools when you're not on the article page. Don't know how to resolve.
- Only seeing two cats in Read More:.
- Adding categories... maybe Wikia don't consider it minor? :D --I think this might have been in Monaco too.
- External links have the arrow. And we should be able to override the colour with the class "extiw".
- Auto-refresh... I'll assume there's class and id name changes. Maybe someone can help?
- Visited links should be overrided with a:visited. I also want the old blue back for a:link personally.
I think that's all I can help with. JBed 22:16, October 19, 2010 (UTC)
The navigation at the top lacks the community bit (the bit that links to the forums and etc.)
Ugh...Everything looks utterly different, it took me five minutes to figure out how to get here! Who decided to go and change everything? Exdeath64 19:52, October 20, 2010 (UTC)
The tabs work in Preview Mode. WTF is up with that?Keltainentoukokuu 20:03, October 20, 2010 (UTC)Keltainentoukokuu
Is there any way to switch back to original? I preferred that MUCH more. 188.8.131.52 20:45, October 21, 2010 (UTC)
- Go to Special:Preferences - click on Skin, change to Monoco - click Save; however, this is only temporary as Wikia will be removing Monoco in November. EGingell 21:40, October 21, 2010 (UTC)
How do I access the recent changes page? Can't it be linked in the main page like it has been for such a long time? I know you say I can access it from Tools, but I really don't know what that means. I believe most readers also don't. Discordius 14:52, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- My. I've found it. I hadn't realised that bar at the bottom of the screen until now. Seriously though, if you can, you should link it in the main page.Discordius 14:56, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- You can also click "See all activity" on the WikiActivity page.Keltainentoukokuu 18:42, October 26, 2010 (UTC)Keltainentoukokuu
Hi. I'm gonna try to take care of some of these on the list that look like they arent fixed yet. Just wanted to give a heads up before I started editing your MW: pages. It would be great if someone could strike out fixed/resolved things from the original talk bubble list. --Uberfuzzy 04:17, November 2, 2010 (UTC)
I have discovered (by which I mean someone told me) that if you use ***s and ****s instead of *s and **s in MediaWiki:Wiki-navigation, you can have more than four tabs. I reckon we could fit one more tab in. I suggest either "Community" or "Other games". I'm leaning toward "Community".
Hello, I'm trying to make a walkthrough here, but I can't seem to find the "create this page" after making a search.--Nerdy geek bk 14:57, December 5, 2011 (UTC)
- I think you're asking on the wrong forum section. However, I'll tell you. If you type something into the search bar and it doesn't exist, you are given the option to create the page with the name you typed in. Failing that, try the Help Portal. Tia-Lewise 15:07, December 5, 2011 (UTC)
- Click this link to make a new page: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Special:CreatePage. If you use the default skin for the site, you can customise the Create a Page into your toolbar at the bottom.Keltainentoukokuu 15:11, December 5, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks anyway. Really Helped me out.--Nerdy geek bk 15:27, December 5, 2011 (UTC)