A few things to address.
1) Ninja Swords: To make into their own parent page, or keep them/merge info on Katana (Weapon)? As discussed with JBed earlier, they should probably get their own parent page since they've appeared enough AND separate from Katanas at that (though sometimes it seems that they're grouped together as one, hence me bringing this up).2) Holy Swords/Dark Swords/Fell Swords: What to do with these on pages? Would they have enough for their own pages, or would putting them on Sword (Weapon) suffice for them?
I would say Ninja Swords should have its own page, because of the distinctions from Katanas (I've played FF12 several times, so it sticks out to me). --Shockstorm (talk) 01:07, September 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Dark Swords and Fell Swords are essentially the same things. Swords wielded by Dark Knights. I don't know how many appearance it made. Holy Swords are a little trickier, I always considered them to be knight swords. Fenrir9 (talk) 02:21, September 8, 2012 (UTC)
Going off of the List of Weapons pages...
TOTAL OF EACH WEAPON APPEARANCES
This list does not include miscellaneous categories such as DFF/D012's Machine or any miscellaneous weapons.
- Mystic Sword is really Holy Sword, thanks to censorship. Same for Mystic (Element) being Holy (Element). Fenrir9 (talk) 04:33, September 8, 2012 (UTC)
Corrected. Now all that's needed is to see what gets a page and what doesn't (sure, I know we got plenty of pages already but never know. Some of the weapon CATEGORY pages don't go into the categories themselves and only focus on the actual weapon). Which I think is an issue, since the weapon page should talk about the WEAPON, and the category page about the CATEGORY. That's just me though...This is also in a way a checklist to make sure that the currently existing parent pages have everything on them that they SHOULD have on them.
- I agree, Dagger (Category) page should focus on the dagger weapons only. Same for the others, swords, whips, etc. Fenrir9 (talk) 04:39, September 8, 2012 (UTC)
It'd probably be more named Dagger (Equipment) for the category and Dagger (Weapon) for the actual weapon.
On that note, I think that the pages for each piece of equipment should generally state what TYPE of category the equipment generally belongs to. I know it changes a lot for some weapons (I'm looking at you Werebuster!), but ya know...on that note, there's also Talk:Weapon (Equipment) to look into now as I'm thinking of adding images to the main page...
Updated all parent pages up to FFIII's Katana, going in order of the games and sections and updating with missing information. I'll leave the formatting of the pages to someone else, whether they put them in a table, leave them as is, set up columns, or whatever. Anyone may feel free to pick this up since I may or may not remember it and/or might be doing other things soonish.
For anyone willing to pick up where I'm stopping for now, you can pick up directly from FFXIII's Weapon page and start linking to the appropriate sections there on the parent weapon pages. That's half of the template done (and some of the pages are already fully done by Shockstorm, so big thanks to him), so that leaves a few left to fully finish up~
- If Racket has four appearance, then Holy Sword should get a page. Are the Crystal Chronicles sequels, spin-off, or stand alone games? Fenrir9 (talk) 00:58, September 10, 2012 (UTC)
Hm....they're not sequels to anything except to themselves, so either they're spin-offs or stand alones, and I'm not sure which actually...
EDIT - Of note, technically it's 3 if you don't count MLAADL, since it doesn't seem like the player can even use Rackets as a weapon and it's more of a weapon used by an enemy...some of these articles I don't know why things are listed on, like Scythe for instance...
So I'm about to fix up the stupid Boomerang page now, and I still need a consensus as to what to name the page. Boomerang (Weapon) will be used for the weapon itself, but what of the category? THAT is the question that needs answered...Boomerang (Weapon Type)? Boomerang (Equipment)? Equipment would probably work, but then there's the issue of some of the Armor and Accessory parent pages having Equipment in their titles (Helm (Equipment) for one), when they should probably be something akin to something else...I don't know, I need help figuring out a good name here! For weapons, it'll be the Weapon tag (Boomerang (Weapon), Bow (Weapon), Katana (Weapon) which is already made but whatever, etc.). For armor, should it be something like Armor (Black Belt (Armor), Red Cap (Armor)? Then again, not always is it what they say for armor, so I can see the Equipment tag on those...but the parent pages need to be NOT Equipment and something else methinks...
So much work, so little time @_@;;