- Normal: "A fiend with a squishy body that absorbs ice. It casts ice spells until it runs out of MP."
- Oversoul: "A fiend with a squishy body that absorbs ice. The lower its HP gets, the stronger its ice magic becomes."
The Flan Palido is an enemy in Final Fantasy X-2. It is weak against Fire attacks, so it is advised use a Black Mage to finish it off quickly with a Fire-elemental spell. They are not particularly threatening, and can be taken care of quickly.
- Story Level 1: "Back when I was human, I was a real good-for-nothing. Just a weak, spineless, half-baked shell of a man who didn't even have the guts to be a real outlaw or villain. But somehow, even a guy like me had someone who loved me."
- Story Level 2: "She was a genteel, well-to-do lady. I still can't figure out why she fell for a guy like me. But she told me she did, and it made me so happy, you know? So I decided I'd try to become a new man for her. I mean, a classy lady like her doesn't deserve to be with some two-bit thug, right?"
- Story Level 3: "But her parents objected, of course. Can't really say I blame them. I mean, our dates were always in Kilika Woods because it was free, and I could never buy her any presents. She said she didn't care about such things, but I was embarrassed that I was never able to do anything for her. So I decided to work hard legit, so I could buy my girl a ring. An engagement ring, that is. That's right, I decided to propose to her."
- Story Level 4: "I did buy a ring, but in the end I just couldn't afford a nice, expensive one. Even so, I was determined to propose to her. Even if she were to reject me, I had to let her know how I felt, or so I thought... We had planned to meet in the woods, as always. But as the moment drew near, I lost my nerve. I ran off before she even got there, leaving the ring behind in the ruins. Once a coward, always a coward, I guess. But I wish I had one more chance to do things over."
- Story Level 5: "Story episode complete!"
- —Flan Palido's fiend tale.
In the Fiend Tale endings, one notable Flan Palido was a spineless man in life who failed to propose to his beloved. With Shinra's help, Flan Palido returns to the Kilika Woods in hope of encountering his past love and finish what he started years ago. However, he finds the ring he left behind gone and frets until seeing an old woman with the ring on her person. Identified by the old woman as she is revealed to be his lover, Flan Palido regains his human form while mustering the courage to ask to remain by her side.
Flan is an open pastry or sponge cake containing a sweet or savory filling. A typical flan of this sort is round, with shortcrust pastry, usually coated with sweet syrup. It is similar to a custard tart or a South African melktert.
Palido is Spanish for "pale".