Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Final Fantasy X HD Remaster Original Soundtrack page!
- adding details of the tracks.
This request can be discussed on the associated discussion page. Remove this notice upon completion.
Final Fantasy X HD Remaster Original Soundtrack is a Blu-ray album featuring all 94 tracks from Final Fantasy X HD Remaster with 10 bonus tracks from Final Fantasy X-2. It cost $59.99 on the North American Square Enix Online Store and is included in the PlayStation 3 Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster. Over 60 songs were newly arranged by Masashi Hamauzu, Junya Nakano, Tsutomu Narita, Hirosato Noda, and Ryo Yamazaki. The version of "Via Purifico" on the album originates from the album Piano Collections: Final Fantasy X, while "Beyond the Darkness" comes from Masashi Hamauzu's album Vielen Dank. All other songs are in their original version.
Unlike other original soundtrack albums, this one comes on a Blu-ray disc. The disc is not playable in CD or DVD players—owners must play the disc through a Blu-ray video player. The playback includes the 104 audio tracks, plus a selection of music videos. The Japanese and western releases are the same disc, so song lyrics are displayed in Japanese only.
If inserted into a computer's Blu-ray drive, the disc also contains 320Kb MP3 versions of the audio tracks that can be copied off the disc and played through any standard music application. The track names are listed in both Japanese and English, with Japanese artist names.
Track list Edit
- "I Want To Tell You Everything" (『全部話しておきたいんだ』, "Zenbu Hanashite Okitai Nda"?) - 0:09
- "Zanarkand (Arranged)" (ザナルカンドにて, Zanarukando nite?) - 3:02
- Used during the opening sequence and at the "The End" screen. It also plays at Home when the party is searching for Yuna. Originally by Nobuo Uematsu, rearranged by Masashi Hamauzu; the new track largely follows the same instrumentation as the original, but is performed on a real piano, with less bass and with a pianissimo / piano opening.
- "Prelude (Arranged)" (プレリュード, Pureryūdo?) - 4:40
- This techno remix of the traditional theme is used as Tidus greets his fans at the beginning and during the Sphere Grid tutorial. Originally by Nobuo Uematsu, rearranged by Hirosato Noda. Has an overall more ethereal and electronic sound with new background noises in places and more instrumental "oomph."
- "Tidus's Theme (Arranged)" (ティーダのテーマ, Tīda no Tēma?) - 3:45
- "Otherworld" (Otherworld) - 3:16
- Used during the blitzball sequence in the opening and during the battle with Braska's Final Aeon. In the HD Remaster version, this track is used for both the blitzball sequence and the battle, whereas the PlayStation 2 release had a different version for the battle with a new percussion section and baseline. Composed by Nobuo Uematsu, arranged by The Black Mages' rhythm guitarist Michio Okamiya, with lyrics by Takuya Sugimoto and performed by Bill Muir. Like all tracks with vocals on the album, it was not rearranged.
- "Run!! (Arranged)" (急げ！！, Isoge!!?) - 2:55
- Played throughout the sequence in which Auron and Tidus flee through the streets of Zanarkand and battle Sinspawn. Used during certain critical battles and during the fights with Dark Ifrit and Dark Yojimbo. Composed by Junya Nakano, new arrangement also by Junya Nakano. It is extended with a new section added. More instrumentation is added, resulting in a more intense feel and a faster pace. The use of pipe organ is eliminated.
- "This Is Your Story (Arranged)" (これはお前の物語だ, Kore wa Omae no Monogatarida?) - 2:22
- Played as Tidus is sucked away from his Zanarkand and Auron tells him "This is your story. It all begins here." Composed by Junya Nakano, new arrangement also by Junya Nakano. A more peaceful arrangement overall, with a more natural feel to the instrumentation.
- "Creep (Arranged)" (不気味, Bukimi?) - 5:38
- Played at the ruins of Baaj Temple. Composed by Junya Naknao, new arrangement also by Junya Nakano. The length is nearly doubled from that of the original version. The track features additional panning and use of soft drums, as well as a more ominous and louder background sound.
- "Battle Theme (Arranged)" (ノーマルバトル, Nōmaru Batoru?) - 3:22
- The game's normal battle theme; it is played during almost all random encounters. Composed by Nobuo Uematsu, new arrangement by Uematsu and Tsutomu Narita. The new version features increased use of guitar, more bass, and a cleaner feel to the music. It was done using real instruments. Narita stated of the track "I wanted to rearrange the song to have a grander sound while maintaining the mood of the original at the same time. Brass and string instruments were already important elements of the original song, so we decided to expand into a full orchestral piece by adding other instruments as well."
- "Victory Fanfare (Arranged)" (勝利のファンファーレ, Shōri no Fanfāre?) - 1:33
- The game's victory fanfare plays after winning most battles. Composed by Nobuo Uematsu, new arrangement by Uematsu and Tsutomu Narita. While the general melody and style are the same, the remastered version uses less drums and real instruments, somewhat changing its feel.
- "Game Over (Arranged)" (ゲームオーバー, Gēmu Ōbā?) - 0:38
- Played if the party loses a battle. A portion of it is an arrangement of "Suteki da ne." Originally by Nobuo Uematsu, rearranged by Masashi Hamauzu. Harpsichord is eliminated in favor of a more grand orchestral arrangement.
- "Out Of The Frying Pan (Arranged)" (夢も希望もありません, Yume mo Kibō mo Arimasen?) - 3:06
- Played when Tidus is inside Baaj Temple; the title refers to his narration "I had made it out of the frying pan and into the freezer." It is also used in Macalania Temple. Originally by Nobuo Uematsu, new arrangement by Masashi Hamauzu. The track uses real instruments instead of synthetic and feels softer compared to the original. The shaking of the idiophone instrument in the background is de-emphasized.
- "Leap In The Dark (Arranged)" (暗躍, An'yaku?) - 1:27
- Played when the Al Bhed capture Tidus and before some boss battles. Also plays when the Fahrenheit is attacked by fiends and when fighting Dark Ixion. Composed by Junya Nakano, new arrangement also by Junya Nakano. The percussive instruments in the background are de-emphasized and the track sounds cleaner due to the use of real instruments, but the overall feel is the same.
- "Underwater Ruins (Arranged)" (海底遺跡, Kaitei Iseki?) - 4:17
- Played during Rikku and Tidus's exploration of the Underwater Ruins of the Fahrenheit. Composed by Junya Nakano, new arrangement also by Junya Nakano. New background instrumentals give the track a more ethereal feel and the track feels cleaner due to the use of real instruments.
- "Oui Are Al Bhed (Arranged)" (チイはアルベド族, Chī wa Arubedo-zoku?) - 3:24
- This theme plays when Tidus talks to Rikku about his story. Originally by Nobuo Uematsu, new arrangement by Junya Nakano. The overall feel is similar to the original.
- "Enemy Attack (Arranged)" (敵襲, Tekishū?) - 2:50
- The game's usual boss theme. Composed by Junya Nakano, new arrangement also by Junya Nakano. Real instruments are favored in place of synthesized ones. The background drums are louder, the background chanting is more muted and the tempo is slightly faster.
- "The Blitzers (Arranged)" (ブリッツに賭けた男達, Burittsu ni Kaketa Otokotachi?) - 3:54
- A livelier and more energetic arrangement of "Tidus's Theme." It first plays when Tidus arrives on the beach on Besaid. Also used upon the arrival of the S.S. Winno in Luca and when Wakka is substituted for Tidus in the match against the Luca Goers. Originally by Nobuo Uematsu, new arrangement by Masashi Hamauzu. The real instruments used have less of a tinny sound than the original, and the song packs more oomph with new background instrumentals.
- "Besaid (Arranged)" (ビサイド島, Bisaido Shima?) - 3:27
- The theme of the sunny island of Besaid, it plays when wandering around most areas other than the village itself. Composed by Masashi Hamauzu, new arrangement also by Masashi Hamauzu. The theme is one of the most significantly changed from that of the original soundtrack. At 3:27, it is over a minute shorter and the background beat throughout most of the track has a more synthetic sound and begins sooner. The bass line of the original track is removed. In certain areas, there is a choral sound, as well as the sounds of water.
- "Spira Unplugged (Arranged)" (スピラの情景, Supira no Jōkei?) - 2:14
- First plays in Besaid Village and later in Kilika Port. Originally composed by Nobuo Uematsu and arranged by Masashi Hamauzu, new arrangement by Hamauzu. The use of original instruments gives the track a cleaner, crisper sound. The song is played at a higher pitch, without the use of reverb. The melody is a variation of "Suteki da ne." It is about 30 seconds shorter than its original version.
- "Hymn of the Fayth" (祈りの歌, Inori no Uta?) - 0:43
- "Phantoms (Arranged)" (幻想, Gensō?) - 3:44
- "The Trials" (試練の間, Shiren no Ma?) - 3:34
- "Hymn - Valefor" (祈りの歌～ヴァルファーレ, Inori no Uta ~ Varufāre?) - 0:42
- "The Summoning (Arranged)" (召喚, Shōkan?) - 4:15
- "Braska's Daughter" (大召喚士の娘, Dai Shōkanshi no Musume?) - 3:45
- "Good Night (Arranged)" (おやすみ, Oyasumi?) - 0:13
- "Yuna's Theme (Arranged)" (ユウナのテーマ, Yūna no Tēma?) - 3:33
- "Movement In Green (Arranged)" (萌動, Hōdō?) - 6:40
- "The Sending" (異界送り, Ikai Okuri?) - 1:35
- "Calm Before The Storm (Arranged)" (嵐の前の静けさ, Arashi no Mae no Shizukesa?) - 3:07
- "Hymn - Ifrit" (祈りの歌～イフリート, Inori no Uta ~ Ifurīto?) - 0:41
- "Luca (Arranged)" (ルカ, Ruka?) - 3:39
- "Grand Maester Mika (Arranged)" (マイカ総老師歓迎, Maika Sōrōshi Kangei?) - 2:36
- "Decision On The Dock (Arranged)" (不撓の決意, Futō no Ketsui?) - 1:16
- "The Splendid Performance" (The Splendid Performance) - 3:32
- "Face Off (Arranged)" (対峙, Taiji?) - 2:06
- "Blitz Off! (Arranged)" (Blitz Off) - 3:35
- "Auron's Theme (Arranged)" (アーロンのテーマ, Āron no Tēma?) - 2:45
- "Mi'ihen Highroad (Arranged)" (ミヘン街道, Mihen Kaidō?) - 2:57
- "Chocobo Jam (Arranged)" (ブラスdeチョコボ, Burasu de Chokobo?) - 2:51
- "The Travel Agency (Arranged)" (旅行公司, Ryokō Kōshi?) - 3:04
- "They May Pass (Arranged)" (通行を許可します, Tsūkō o Kyokashimasu?) - 1:11
- "Seymour's Theme (Arranged)" (シーモアのテーマ, Shīmoa no Tēma?) - 3:03
- "Twilight (Arranged)" (宵闇, Yoiyami?) - 5:12
- "Djose Temple" (ジョゼ寺院, Joze Jīn?) - 3:19
- "Hymn - Ixion" (祈りの歌～イクシオン, Inori no Uta ~ Ikushion?) - 0:40
- "Ridess The Shoopuf?" (シパーフ乗るぅ？, Shipāfu Norū??) - 4:11
- "Rikku's Theme (Arranged)" (リュックのテーマ, Ryukku no Tēma?) - 4:04
- "Guadosalam (Arranged)" (グアドサラム, Guadosaramu?) - 3:39
- " (theme)|Thunder Plains (Final Fantasy X)|Thunder Plains (Arranged)" (雷平原, Kaminari Heigen?) - 4:21
- "Jecht's Theme (Arranged)" (ジェクトのテーマ, Jekuto no Tēma?) - 2:31
- "Macalania Woods" (マカラーニャの森, Makarānya no Mori?) - 3:18
- "The Void (Arranged)" (霧海, Bōkai?) - 2:17
- "The Temple Players (Arranged)" (寺院楽隊, Jīn Gakutai?) - 2:34
- "Seymour's Ambition (Arranged)" (シーモアの野望, Shīmoa no Yabō?) - 2:18
- "Hymn - Shiva" (祈りの歌～シヴァ, Inori no Uta ~ Shiva?) - 0:42
- "Pursuit (Arranged)" (迫りくる者たち, Semari Kuru Monotachi?) - 2:25
- "The Burning Sands (Arranged)" (灼熱の砂漠, Shakunetsu no Sabaku?) - 4:05
- "Peril" (危機, Kiki?) - 4:03
- "The Truth Revealed (Arranged)" (明かされた真実, Akasareta Shinjitsu?) - 4:14
- "Launch (Arranged)" (発進, Hasshin?) - 3:24
- "The Wedding (Arranged)" (結婚式, Kekkonshiki?) - 1:15
- "Assault (Arranged)" (襲撃, Shūgeki?) - 4:10
- "Tragedy (Arranged)" (悲劇, Higeki?) - 4:08
- "Believe (Arranged)" (私は飛べる, Watashi wa Toberu?) - 1:29
- "Via Purifico" (From Piano Collections: Final Fantasy X) (浄罪の路, Jōzai no Michi?) - 3:15
- "Hymn - Bahamut" (祈りの歌～バハムート, Inori no Uta ~ Bahamūto?) - 0:42
- "Moment Of Truth" (審判の時, Shinpan no Toki?) - 3:39
- "Patricide" (父を殺めた男, Chichi o Ayameta Otoko?) - 2:42
- "SUTEKI DA NE (Isn't It Wonderful?)" (素敵だね, Suteki da ne?) - 5:37
- "Yuna's Decision (Arranged)" (ユウナの決意, Yūna no Ketsui?) - 5:04
- "Lulu's Theme" (ルールーのテーマ, Rūrū no Tēma?) - 3:54
- "Bravely Forward" (勇ましく進め, Isamashiku Susume?) - 3:28
- "Hymn - Yojimbo" (祈りの歌～ようじんぼう, Inori no Uta ~ Yōjinbō?) - 0:43
- "Servants of the Mountain (Arranged)" (極北の民, Kyokuhoku no Tami?) - 4:51
- "Hymn - The Ronso" (祈りの歌～ロンゾ族, Inori no Uta ~ Ronzo Zoku?) - 0:44
- "Wandering (Arranged)" (彷徨の炎, Hōkō no Honō?) - 3:09
- "A Fleeting Dream (Arranged)" (いつか終わる夢, Itsuka Owaru Yume?) - 4:34
- "Hymn - Yunalesca" (祈りの歌～ユウナレスカ, Inori no Uta ~ Yūnaresuka?) - 0:43
- "Challenge (Arranged)" (挑戦, Chōsen?) - 4:09
- "Beyond The Darkness" (From Hamauzu album Vielen Dank) (深淵の果てに, Shin'en no Hate ni?) - 2:18
- "Gloom (Arranged)" (暗澹, Antan?) - 4:29
- "Hymn - Spira" (祈りの歌～スピラ, Inori no Uta ~ Supira?) - 0:45
- "The Unsent Laugh (Arranged)" (死人（しびと）が笑う, Shibito (shi bito) ga Warau?) - 3:44
- "Fight With Seymour (Arranged)" (シーモアバトル, Shīmoa Batoru?) - 5:47
- "Hymn - Anima" (祈りの歌～アニマ, Inori no Uta ~ Anima?) - 0:44
- "A Contest Of Aeons (Arranged)" (召喚獣バトル, Shōkanjū Batoru?) - 5:58
- "Final Battle (Arranged)" (決戦, Kessen?) - 5:49
- Used in the battle against Yu Yevon. Composed by Masashi Hamauzu, new arrangement also by Masashi Hamauzu. The arranged version uses real instruments and replaces the piano with the xylophone.
- "Ending Theme" (Ending Theme) - 5:31
- "Please Remember" (『思い出してください』, Omoidashite Kudasai?) - 0:18
- "SUTEKI DA NE (Isn't It Wonderful?) Orchestra Version" (素敵だね－オーケストラ・ヴァージョン－, Suteki da ne -Ōkesutora Vājon-?) - 6:24
- "OMAKE.1" ("Illusion") (おまけ1, Omake 1?) - 3:47
- "OMAKE.2" ("Nostalgia") (おまけ2, Omake 2?) - 2:35
- "OMAKE.3" ("Wakka's Theme") (おまけ3, Omake 3?) - 3:38
- "Kuon -Memories Of Waves And Light-" (久遠 ～光と波の記憶～, Kuon ~Hikari to Nami no Kioku~?) - 2:37
- "YuRiPa, Fight! No.1" (ユリパファイト No.1, YuRiPa Faito No.1?) - 1:31
- "YuRiPa, Fight! No.3" (ユリパファイト No.3, YuRiPa Faito No.3?) - 1:47
- "Let me blow you a kiss" (お熱いのをくれてやるよ, O Atsui no o Kurete Yaru Yo?) - 2:10
- "Besaid" (ビサイド, Bisaido?) - 2:50
- "The Youth League" (青年同盟, Seinen Doumei?) - 2:40
- "Yuna's Ballad" (ユウナのバラード, Yūna no Barādo?) - 3:03
- "The Farplane Abyss" (異界の深淵, Ikai no Shinen?) - 2:24
- "Vegnagun Awakens" (ヴェグナガン起動, Vegunagan Kidou?) - 2:34
- "Epilogue -A Reunion-" (エピローグ ～再会～, Epirōgu ~Saikai~?) - 3:23
"Movement in Green"
"The Truth Revealed"
"A Fleeting Dream"
See also Edit
- Final Fantasy X: Original Soundtrack
- Music from Final Fantasy X Promo CD
- Suteki da ne
- Final Fantasy X Vocal Collection
- Feel/Go Dream: Yuna & Tidus
- Piano Collections: Final Fantasy X
- Final Fantasy X: Official Soundtrack
- Product page on NA Square Enix Online Store
- Official music sample page
- VGMdb - Final Fantasy X HD Remaster Original Soundtrack