The Final Fantasy XV Universe (ファイナルファンタジーＸＶ ユニバース, Fainaru Fantajī Fifutīn Yunibāsu?) is a sub-franchise in the Final Fantasy series that was first revealed at the Uncovered: Final Fantasy XV event in March, 2016. Its purpose is to expand the story and world of Final Fantasy XV to other forms of media, such as films, anime series, and mobile games.
Stories told in the Final Fantasy XV Universe tend to focus on Noctis Lucis Caelum and take place during his fight against Niflheim. They negate the necessity for multiple Final Fantasy XV games, something in which developers had no interest. The contents of this franchise are standalone titles; they can be enjoyed on their own or as part of a larger tale.
- Platinum Demo – Final Fantasy XV - A canonical prologue to Final Fantasy XV that takes place when Noctis is a boy.
- A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV - A side-scrolling game released alongside Final Fantasy XV in which King Regis tells a fictional story from his youth to a young Noctis.
- Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV - A five-episode anime series that explains how Noctis became friends with Ignis Scientia, Prompto Argentum, and Gladiolus Amicitia.
- Final Fantasy XV Prologue Parting Ways - A short story that takes place the day before Final Fantasy XV begins. Originally released in Japan as an audio drama, it was converted into a free e-book for Western audiences.
- Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV - A CGI film that takes place during the events of Final Fantasy XV and tells the story of Insomnia's fall.
- Final Fantasy XV - A video game that chronicles Noctis's journey to reclaim his throne and fulfill a greater destiny.
- Justice Monsters Five - A version of the pinball game Noctis and his friends can play in Final Fantasy XV for mobile devices.
- King's Knight -Wrath of the Dark Dragon- - A mobile game inspired by the Squaresoft title King's Knight that is featured in Final Fantasy XV.
- During interviews about the Final Fantasy XV Universe, Hajime Tabata repeatedly stated it is no longer a part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy sub-series. According to Tabata, the Final Fantasy XV Universe focuses on a single narrative and world, rather than several disconnected ones. It is Tabata's attempt to make Final Fantasy XV work in the modern market.
- Final Fantasy XV was originally called Final Fantasy Versus XIII. It was to be part of Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy, but this connection has been reduced to unexpressed thematic elements that were used to build the game's new lore. Terminology and specific branding has been removed to distance Final Fantasy XV from the Lightning Saga.
- ↑ http://www.famitsu.com/matome/ff15/2016_04_01_repo.html
- ↑ http://www.gamespot.com/articles/15-new-things-we-learned-from-final-fantasy-15s-di/1100-6436138/
- ↑ Final Fantasy XV Tidbits From The April Active Time Report (Accessed: May 22, 2017) at Siliconera
- ↑ http://www.usgamer.net/articles/all-of-tonights-final-fantasy-xv-news-release-date-new-movie-and-more
- ↑ https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/2772/20160407-ffxv.html
- ↑ http://www.usgamer.net/articles/final-fantasy-xv-everything-you-need-to-know-so-far
- ↑ 16 More Things We Learned About Final Fantasy 15 (Accessed: August 30, 2015) at Gamespot
- ↑ 『ファイナルファンタジーXV』発売時期を示唆、『Just Cause 3』との技術協力も決定【gamescom 2015】 QUOTE:
- ↑ http://www.finaland.com/?rub=site&page=news&id=5516
- ↑ http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/04/final-fantasy-xv-detailed-game-informer/