Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Final Fantasy XV Universe (ファイナルファンタジーＸＶ ユニバース, Fainaru Fantajī Fifutīn Yunibāsu?) is a sub-franchise within the Final Fantasy series. It was revealed at the Uncovered: Final Fantasy XV event in March 2016. The purpose of this sub-franchise is to expand the story and world of Final Fantasy XV to other media, such as anime, movies and mobile gaming.
The stories told through the Final Fantasy XV Universe mostly take place during Noctis' fight against the Niflheim Empire following their invasion. This expansion of the narrative was designed to negate the necessity of releasing Final Fantasy XV as a series of games, something the team had firmly decided against. It won't be necessary to watch the anime or the movie or any of the supplemental material to enjoy the game.
- Platinum Demo – Final Fantasy XV : A prologue episode taking place during Noctis' childhood. When Noctis falls asleep, he enters a realm of dreams where he is guided by Carbuncle so he can wake up. This demo, unlike Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae, is not accessible as part of the main game but is a canonical prologue.
- Final Fantasy XV: The main game. It follows the adventures of Noctis' and his companions as they fight to reclaim the Kingdom of Lucis after it has been invaded by the Niflheim Empire.
- Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV: A five-episode anime series taking place during Noctis' journey to meet Lunafreya. It gives backstory to Noctis and his companions, Gladiolus, Ignis and Prompto.
- Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV: A CGI movie taking place during Final Fantasy XV. It tells the story of Nyx Ulric, part of an elite royal force named the Kingsglaive, given an assignment by the king. This movie details the events of the invasion of Lucis and gives backstory to King Regis Lucis Caelum CXIII and Lunafreya Nox Fleuret.
- Justice Monsters Five: A mobile game. It is directly inspired by a pinball game that Noctis and his friends can play in Final Fantasy XV.
- A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV
- King's Knight -Wrath of the Dark Dragon- A mobile game. It is inspired by previous Squaresoft title King's Knight, and is featured in Final Fantasy XV.
- During interviews concerning the Final Fantasy XV Universe, it was compared by interviewers to Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy, a subseries of games connected by a common mythos from which Final Fantasy XV originated. Director Hajime Tabata repeatedly stated that it was a standalone expansion: as opposed to other subseries such as Fabula Nova Crystallis, Final Fantasy XV Universe focused on a single narrative and world as opposed to multiple disconnected settings. He defined it as his attempt to make Final Fantasy XV work in the modern market.
- Final Fantasy XV, as Final Fantasy Versus XIII, was once a core part of Fabula Nova Crystallis, but that connection has since been reduced to an unexpressed thematic base for original lore, with the terminology and specific branding removed to distance it from the world and narrative of the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy.
- ↑ http://www.famitsu.com/matome/ff15/2016_04_01_repo.html
- ↑ http://www.gamespot.com/articles/15-new-things-we-learned-from-final-fantasy-15s-di/1100-6436138/
- ↑ Final Fantasy XV Tidbits From The April Active Time Report (Accessed: December 04, 2016) at Siliconera
- ↑ http://www.usgamer.net/articles/all-of-tonights-final-fantasy-xv-news-release-date-new-movie-and-more
- ↑ https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/2772/20160407-ffxv.html
- ↑ http://www.usgamer.net/articles/final-fantasy-xv-everything-you-need-to-know-so-far
- ↑ 16 More Things We Learned About Final Fantasy 15 (Accessed: August 30, 2015) at Gamespot
- ↑ 『ファイナルファンタジーXV』発売時期を示唆、『Just Cause 3』との技術協力も決定【gamescom 2015】 QUOTE:
- ↑ http://www.finaland.com/?rub=site&page=news&id=5516
- ↑ http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/04/final-fantasy-xv-detailed-game-informer/