Final Fantasy XIV Online Anniversary is a series of events celebrating a year of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, started from August 27, 2014 to September 23, 2014.
The game's director Naoki Yoshida and the other Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn developers appeared in a 14 hours live broadcast talk sessions.
List of eventsEdit
- Messages from the Developers - Messages from developers and ex-developers including Masayoshi Soken, Hideyuki Kasuga, Yoichi Wada, and Shinji Hashimoto.
- Letter from the Producer LVIII - A message from Naoki Yoshida.
- One Year Anniversary Fan Kit - New wallpapers for PC desktop, iOS and, Android devices.
- Tales from the Calamity - A five-part series of important characters in the game.
- One Year Anniversary Movie Contest
- Casting Call for Eorzean Talent (August 13 to 25, 2014)
- gamescom 2014 in Cologne, Germany (August 13 to 17, 2014)
- Moonfire Faire (August 14 to September 8, 2014) - The return of the summer event.
- Moonfire Faire Screenshot Contest (August 14 to September 10, 2014) - A screenshot contest for Moonfire Faire event.
- Burgeoning Dread (August 19 to August 28, 2014) - The return of Final Fantasy XI collaboration event.
- One Year Anniversary Free Login Campaign (August 22 to September 1, 2014) - The players who were not subscribing will be able to play the game for free during this time period.
- 14-Hour Anniversary Broadcast (August 22 to 23, 2014) - The live stream event included the 17th Letter from the Producer Live, talk sessions with special guests, tips and tricks from the battle team, and a 14-hour atma challenge.
- The Rising (August 27 to September 8, 2014) - A new seasonal event.
- PAX Prime 2014 in Seattle, Washington, USA (August 29 to September 1, 2014)
- Lightning Strikes (September 1 to 10, 2014) - The return of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII collaboration event.
- Breaking Brick Mountains (September 14 to 23, 2014) - The return of Dragon Quest X collaboration event.
- Tokyo Game Show 2014 at Makuhari Messe (September 18 to 21, 2014)
- Eorzean Census
- During the 14-Hours Anniversary Broadcast, Masayoshi Soken was challenged by a fan to make the theme song of Pharos Sirius loop within 3 hours. Soken did rearranged it and stream the new theme on the same event livestream.
- The developer team accepted the challenge to collect all 12 Atma stones in just 14 hours and they failed. Atma is the second stage of upgrading Relic Weapon which is currently labeled as the most frustrating sidequest by many players due to low drop rates of Atma.