|Balthier: I'm afraid the jury's still out on that one.||This article is about a title that's still to be released. As such, some of the information might be inaccurate or likely to change. Please look over our policy for updating articles covering upcoming games before editing this page.|
Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood is the upcoming second expansion pack of Final Fantasy XIV, announced at the 2016 Fan Fest, being released for PC, Macintosh, and PlayStation 4. It officially marks the end of Final Fantasy XIV on PlayStation 3, with support for the platform being discontinued coinciding with the expansion's launch.
The expansion sees Adventurers heading to the city-state of Ala Mhigo to free it from Garlean occupation after 20 years. But with an entire generation knowing nothing but Garlean rule, there is a question of whether Ala Mhigo even wants to be saved.
- The expansion automatically increases the level cap to 70 for all disciplines.
- The battle system will be revamped. One change is that cross-class skills will now be determined by role rather than specific classes.
- New areas are said to be comparable to Heavensward areas in size. Flying mounts supported.
- The story begins in a place called Rhalgr's Reach.
- The inventory system will be expanded.
- A new housing district.
- A new high-end raid: The Bend of Time - Omega.
- A new 24-man raid series: Return to Ivalice, with a story written by Yasumi Matsuno.
- Exploratory missions set in The Forbidden Land of Eureka.
- New jobs with Red Mage being the only revealed one.
- Players will be able to go swimming and diving in bodies of water.
- A new Beast Tribe, the Ananta, a serpentine tribe and their Primal, Lakshmi, Lady of Bliss.
- The literal name of the expansion in Japanese is Guren no Kaihō-sha (紅蓮の解放者?), which translates to "Liberators of the Crimson Lotus". However, the term Kaihō-sha (解放者?) is meant to be read as Riberēta (リベレータ?) in accordance with the furigana provided.
- As with his Batman/Dark Knight tease for Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, director Naoki Yoshida wore a Scarlet Witch shirt to the announcement event to tease a new upcoming class. Scarlet Witch is a synonym for Red Mage.