'Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers' Cinematic Trailer
Do you like this video?
I'm afraid the jury's still out on that one.
This article or section is about a title that's still to be released. As such, some of the information might be inaccurate or likely to change. Please look over our policy for updating articles covering upcoming games before editing this page.
Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers is the third expansion for Final Fantasy XIV. It was announced in November 2018, and is scheduled to release in early summer 2019.
What awaits the liberator…? Tension grips the land as six nations now stand allied against the imperial armies of Garlemald. With the threat of war on the horizon, the Warrior of Light comes face-to-face with an old enemy seemingly risen from the ashes—Zenos. Could this impending conflict serve as a catalyst for an eighth and final Umbral era?!
It is time, once and for all, to take down the Garlean Empire!
—Official description from the 2018 North American fanfest
- Level cap raised to 80.
- Multiple new jobs to be added.
- Battle System Maintenance: Job and Role abilities will be adjusted. The TP gauge will be removed, with the MP gauge being used by all jobs.
- New areas:
- New beast-tribe: the Nu mou
- Up to nine new instanced dungeons
- A new high-end raid will be introduced
- A new alliance raid series will be introduced
- New end game content for Disciples of the Hand and Land, including the "Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard"
- The Trust system from Final Fantasy XI will be implemented into the game, allowing players to summon specific NPC to assist them in battle and dungeons.
- New Game Plus system
- 32-bit Windows support will end
- New data centers for North America and Europe
- A seventh playable race for players
- Just like with the announcements of the previous expansions, director Naoki Yoshida wore a certain shirt to the announcement event to tease a new upcoming content, this time being a Bugs Bunny shirt. Unlike previous shirts, this one was not related to an upcoming job, but for an upcoming new playable race.