The following is a list of version differences between the various versions of Final Fantasy XIII-2.
The following is a list of differences between the PlayStation 3 version and the Xbox 360 version.
|PlayStation 3||Xbox 360|
|Distribution||1 Blu-ray Disc||1 DVD-ROM DL|
|Data Size||14.06 GB||7.7 GB|
|Install Option||Not available||The player can install the game to the hard drive.|
|Resolutions||1080p (upscaled from 720p)||720p|
|Framerates||30 FPS||Around 15~24 FPS|
|Trophies/Achievements||32 Trophies||31 Achievements*the Xbox 360 does not have a counterpart for the PlayStation 3's Platinum Trophy|
North American and European versionsEdit
- Lip-syncing in cutscenes were re-edited to match the English voiceovers.
- Some background musics are different from the original release, e.g. "Invisible Intruders" that serves as a location theme for Bresha Ruins 5 AF before Atlas's defeat lacks vocals as opposed to the Japanese version of the game.
- Japanese voice overs only. English, Chinese, and Korean subtitles/menu.
- Load-time is slightly improved.
The most recent version is 1.06.
- Default version
- 1.01: 2011-12-15
- "downloadable contents" selectable in title screen and DLC can be purchased directly from there.
- "Outfits" added in main menu for changing downloaded costumes of characters.
- 1.02: 2012-01-31
- Arbiter of Time appears in -Coliseum ??? AF- and "Coliseum Challenge List" available (As so, Omega was introduced differently in version 1.01 whereas it was standing in the center instead and waiting for battle.)
- A treasure chest containing grade 5 monster materials appears in -Coliseum ??? AF- and Supply Sphere Access Code (New Bodhum -700 AF-) is required to open the chests.
- New items in Chocolina's Shop: Genji Shield and 6 adornments:Wizard's Hat, Blue Mage's Chapeau, Afro & Silver Chick, Silver Windup Key, Cute Heart, Unicorn Mart Logo.
- 1.03: 2012-02-03
- Facebook integration supported; opt to post story progress and party monsters to the wall
- 1.04: 2012-02-21
- New items in Chocolina's Shop: Genji Helm, Delicate Genji Helm, Delicate Genji Glove, Delicate Genji Shield and 6 adornments: Rangda Crest, Leyak Crest, Zwerg Ring, Chocobo Chick, Tonberry's Lantern, Blue Beacon.
- Sazh's episode DLC playable if purchased.
- 1.05: 2012-03-27
- 6 new adornments: Gold Windup Key, Blue Party Hat, Red Bow Tie, Yellow Ribbon, Silk Hat, Bushy Mustache.
- DLC compatibility updated.
- 1.06: 2012-05-15
- 7 new adornments: Pink Moogle Bobble, Yellow Bow Tie, Crystal Tear, Crystal Feather, Afro & Gold Chick, Dajh's Patch, Silver PSICOM Spaulders.
- 1 new accessory: Bloody Medallion.
- DLC compatibility updated.
- An option to choose between English and Japanese voiceovers.
- Frame rate varies from 30 to 60 frames-per-second.
- Customizable rendering resolution, 720p, 1080p, and more are included.
- New shadow rendering. Quality of the shadows can be adjusted up to 8192x8192 pixels.
- Cloud saving (via Steam Cloud).
- Steam Trading Cards.
- The track "Unseen Intruder" is the original Japanese version with the spoken lyrics, but only in the Japanese voiceover option. The English voiceover has the instrumental version.
- The following downloadable content are included with the game:
- Opponent: Omega
- Opponent: Lightning & Amodar
- Opponent: Nabaat
- Opponent: Ultros & Typhon
- Opponent: PuPu
- Opponent: Gilgamesh
- Serah's Outfit: Summoner's Garb
- Serah's Outfit: Beachwear
- Serah's Outfit: White Mage
- Noel's Outfit: Battle Attire
- Noel's Outfit: Spacetime Guardian
- Noel's Outfit: Black Mage
- Mog's Outfits: A Wondrous Wardrobe
- Sazh's Story: Heads or Tails?
- Lightning's Story: Requiem of the Goddess
- Snow's Story: Perpetual Battlefield
- The following downloadable content are not available due to licensing issue:
- Serah's Outfit: N7 Armor
- Serah's Outfit: Style and Steel
- Noel's Outfit: N7 Armor
- Noel's Outfit: Assassin's Creed
- Serah's Weapon: Seraphic Wing
- Serah's Weapon: Genji Bow
- Serah's Weapon: Azrael
- Noel's Weapon: Catastrophe Blade
- Noel's Weapon: Muramasa
- Sazh: Heads or Tails?, Lightning: Requiem of the Goddess, Snow: Perpetual Battlefield scenarios, and all of the Coliseum optional boss battles will be available after the player defeat the final boss of the game. In the console versions they can be accessed since Chapter 2.
- ↑ http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-final-fantasy-13-2-face-off
- ↑ http://kouryakutsushin.com/ff13-2wiki/%E3%83%80%E3%82%A6%E3%83%B3%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%82%B3%E3%83%B3%E3%83%86%E3%83%B3%E3%83%84
- ↑ http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/ff13-2/#/dlc/update_01
- ↑ http://ff12.jp/ff13_2_begin16.html
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuXpx9KoUbI
- ↑ http://www.gamepur.com/news/6961-final-fantasy-xiii-2-patch-103-availale-now-includes-facebook-integration.html
- ↑ http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/ff13-2/#/dlc/update_02
- ↑ https://member.eu.square-enix.com/en/blogs/final-fantasy-xiii-2-patch-notes