|Final Fantasy XI: Seekers of Adoulin|
Fainaru Fantajī XI Adourin no Makyō
|Release dates||PlayStation 2 version:
Xbox 360 version:
|Game modes||Massively Multiplayer Online|
|Platforms||PlayStation 2 (Japan only), PC, and Xbox 360|
- "What do you seek in Adoulin?"
- —Final Fantasy XI: Seekers of Adoulin Game Trailer
Final Fantasy XI: Seekers of Adoulin is the fifth full expansion pack for Final Fantasy XI, and the first full expansion for Final Fantasy XI in over 5 years after Wings of the Goddess. Seekers of Adoulin is set in the western continent of Ulbuka and features new jobs, story, areas, quests and gameplay systems.
PlayStation 2 support for Seekers of Adoulin is only available in Japan. Although Square Enix is not dropping PlayStation 2 support for Final Fantasy XI as a whole, Seekers of Adoulin content will not be accessible on Final Fantasy XI for PlayStation 2 outside of Japan.
Service for Seekers of Adoulin started on March 28, 2013 (JST).
- Geomancer: Harnessing the elemental energies that course through Vana'diel's veins in ways that no sorcerer can, geomancers both aid their comrades-in-arms and teach their foes how deadly the forces of nature can be.
- Rune Fencer: Quick with a blade as well as an incantation, these versatile duelists employ the power of arcane runes to sway the tide of battle both offensively and defensively.
New missions and quests will be available for players to undertake.
This list does not include reskinned enemies of the same genus or unique bosses.
Seekers of Adoulin explores the Primordial Continent of Ulbuka. The Sacred City of Adoulin serves as the hub in this region.
- Rala Waterways [U]
- Cirdas Caverns [U]
- Kamihr Piedmont
- Yorcia Weald
- Yorcia Weald [U]
- Marjani Gorge
All names listed are tentative.
- Back in the Ranch
Apart from each player's own character, who drives the storyline forward, there are a number of other non-playable characters that take on significant roles in the Seekers of Adoulin storyline.
- Arciela is the story heroine in Seekers of Adoulin. A member of the former royal family, she is the sister of Ygnas and a descendant of King Adras.
The Sacred City of AdoulinEdit
- Main article: Final Fantasy XI: Seekers of Adoulin Original Soundtrack
Seekers of Adoulin introduces new music for battles and areas in the new expansion. All new tracks are composed and arranged by Naoshi Mizuta.
Following in the tradition set by Chains of Promathia, a new track, "A New Direction", replaces "Vana'diel March" in the title screen. It reverts to the original title screen music after it fully plays once.
Unlike with previous expansions, Seekers of Adoulin utilizes only 1 new track for open world battles in the new areas. This track is used for solo and party battles, in both outdoor and dungeon areas.
The Original Soundtrack for Seekers of Adoulin was released on the same day as the expansion itself and contains only 9 tracks from the expansion itself, which is the fewest number of new tracks from an expansion thus far.