The Final Fantasy Wiki maintains a select number of users who have earned the trust needed to run the Wiki. These users, known as the "staff", are awarded with certain capabilities, which in turn give them more responsibility towards the administration and maintenance of the Wiki. Such positions are awarded to those who continually show that they are willing to create and write in-depth articles, cover a scope of a project, and/or revert vandalism.
Below is a list of staff based on responsibility and right, included with a trivial reason for their rights. Please note that the reason may not be their only sole contribution to the FFWiki. A Staff member will be indicated with a busy cactuar () on their userpage. Questions and requests to staff can be asked at the Staff Noticeboard. To nominate a user to the Staff, head to the Requests for Promotion page.
Administrators are Final Fantasy Wiki users who have sysoprights. While they do not own the Wiki and are equal to other users in terms of editorial responsibility, they are entrusted with several performance and security features to help ensure the smooth-running of the Wiki. Users may seek them out to perform maintenance to the FFWiki, and for advice and information.
These users are able to grant Bureaucrat, Sysop and Moderator rights to other users.
- TacticAngel: Final Fantasy XI specialist. Experienced veteran.
- Yuanchosaan: Awarded for consistent wiki-gnoming and attention and updating to policy.
- ScatheMote: Hard-working and active contributor.
- Crazyswordsman: Final Fantasy IV specialist, Final Fantasy VI specialist.
- Diablocon: Ivalice specialist. Maintenance and Policy.
- Shane613: Founder of the FFWiki.
These users are able to perform protection and deletion of pages and files, as well as blocking vandals' editing rights. They also have all abilities granted to Designers and Moderators.
- 8bit BlackMage: Diligent and neutral.
- BlueHighwind: Wikia Star; represents FFWiki at Wikia-sponsored events.
- Bluestarultor: Coding specialist and active user.
- Catuse167: Great wiki-gnoming and for keeping the wiki well maintained.
- Drake Clawfang: Consistent vandal fighting and page maintenance.
- Fëasindë: The Wiki's spoony bard (aka music edits)
- Jimcloud: Final Fantasy XI specialist. Very engaged member of the wiki and IRC channel.
- Some Color Mage: Veteran editor, page cleaner-upper.
- Tia-Lewise: Mainspace and community maintenance, Featured Article overseer, vandal fighter.
- Xenomic: Page-writer who also maintains both content and files, often singlehandedly parsing through hundreds of unused images in a matter of days.
- Bluerfn: Responsible for policy and work across the board.
- Henryacores: Active for a long period of time with multiple categories of expertise.
- Mymindislost: Long deserving. Also an enemies specialist, such as Final Fantasy XII and Final Fantasy III.
Moderators are users who have been granted additional rights by bureaucrats. While they are equal to other users in terms of editorial responsibility, they are especially trusted to keep articles safe from vandalism and bad-faith edits. In particular, users who show dedication to the wiki are usually made moderators, because their status gives them abilities that facilitate heavy-duty editing, but could be misused by newcomers. These abilities are Rollback, the ability to move any number of articles without being halted by spam restrictions, the ability to move files to new names, the ability to suppress redirects when moving a page, and the ability to move over a redirect.
- Fenrir9: Extensive work on lesser-covered Final Fantasies, dummied content, ability pages, glitches and general wiki-gnoming.
- Hexedmagica: Awarded for consistent vandal fighting and page maintenance.
- Keltainentoukokuu: Awarded for extensive wiki-gnoming, linking, maintenance on character articles.
- Kaimi: Awarded for large-scale contributions to Final Fantasy XIII and related games.
- Kuja FFIX: Holds "Founder" status in the IRC channel; active in community discussion.
- JBed: Hard-working user who writes code, discusses policy, and maintains and writes pages.
- Mecorx: Prolific Japanese translator who also greatly contributes to the wiki's images.
- Sorceror Nobody: Engagement with community discussions; code and maintenance.
- Technobliterator: Hardworking user with technical prowess, specializes in templates.
- AuronKaizer: Awarded for de-Wikification of many articles that had been dumped here.
- Azul81677: Awarded for great work involving Final Fantasy IV enemies.
- Deadlyslashsword: Awarded for being being a veteran long-standing member of the Wiki.
- Goldberry2000: Awarded for categorizing images and pages and fixing links.
- Jeppo: Awarded for great work on enemy pages and templates.
- Lycentia: Awarded for categorizing an insane amount of images.
- Netherith: Awarded for great work involving Final Fantasy VIII and WikiDragoning.
- NeloAngelo: Awarded for re-categorizing a large sum of images and expanding a great number of articles.
- PanSola: Awarded for great work for the walkthroughs and other stuff.
- Renmiri: Awarded for the mass-uploading of XII images and for setting up the FF-Project forums.
- SmegHead: Awarded for great work involving Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 and for great vandal fighting.
- StijnX: Awarded for great vandal fighting and community activity.
Designers are users who have been given the rights to access the MediaWiki namespace, though no other sysop rights. While not necessarily a step in the 'progression', the Designer right is more a responsibility of the user, and trust to break and fix the fundamentals of the wiki (although it is also a convenience right).
- Catuse167: Specializes in Lua, but can provide emergency fixes anywhere.
- JBed: Long-standing user who serves as wiki technician, fluent in every language used.
- Technobliterator: Specialises in Navboxes and enemy Infoboxes, also has experience in Lua, metatemplates, CSS and Codenames.
Bots are not actual users, but they are user accounts that are operated by users. Bots are given both the Sysop and Bot flag; the former is used only to edit protected pages (as bots cannot carry out sysop tasks), while the latter hides the bot's edits from the RecentChanges by default. Bots are generally used to make rapid fixes to multiple changes, as well as maintenance. They can be operated either using the AutoWikiBrowser program, or pywikibot scripts.
The FFWiki makes all its edits through a single bot account operated by multiple users.
- Intangir Bot - The FFWiki's official bot account, operated by any user with access, as well as operating server-side for automation.
All operators use the bot to perform tasks that are requested by users.
- Catuse167 - Pywikibot user, original bot operator and creator of Intangir Bot, takes any and all requests.
- Drake Clawfang - AWB user, primarily fixes image categories and links, previously used DrakeyBot (now discontinued).
- Technobliterator - Pywikibot user, primarily updates templates and template parameters when code changes.