The Articles to Move project is a project that aims to keep track of pages that require renaming, or pages that require content being merged with other pages, or split into different pages.
This project involves keeping track of when articles require renaming. This is detailed at the naming policy. Specifically, pages may require moving to a different tag, to disambiguate from a page with a similar name. Other useful links are Forum:Enemy-Creature Tag and Project:Disambiguation Pages.
Any logged in user can move a page in the pure moving list and relink, though the redirect should often be deleted. It is best to check the WhatLinksHere for a page before adding it to one of the lists, and if there are not many links to it, it may be easier to relink yourself. Otherwise, it is better for Intangir Bot to do it, as it can do the job faster and more efficiently (and without leaving talk page notifications or RecentChanges messages). Bot users will move pages from this list, so all page move requests should be placed here.
Any user can move a page listed here. Please add to the list and a bot will move it.
- Ninjutsu - Move to Ninjutsu (Skillset) or something fitting due to all of the abilities (such as the Dissidia abilities and Brigade ability).
- Level Up (ability) - Move all data except FFIX's to a collective page for Double EXP type abilities, and add FFVIII's LV Up ability to the page proper.
- Ability Up - Same deal as with Level Up (ability). Needs to be place on a collective page about Double AP abilities and make that page a disambig for the FFIX ability.
- Renew - Move to Full Cure (ability) or whatever, as that's the most recent name. Add WoFF's Renew to disambig for Renew page.
- Absorb MP - Move to Absorb MP (ability) due to FFIX/FFRK enemy ability of the same name, but different JPN names.
- Move Return (ability) to Return (magic ability) to disambiguate from Edward's ability from FFIV.
- Trick Attack - Move to something else due to FFRK/MFF ability.
- Kurohabaki - Move to Kurohabaki (Dimensions) due to MFF card/ability/monster
- Achelon - Move to Achelon (Final Fantasy V) due to MFF enemy/card.
- Archaeodaemon - Move to Archaeodaemon (Tactics) for parent page.
- Emerald Weapon - Move to Emerald Weapon (Final Fantasy VII) for parent page.
- Flan Azul - Move to Flan Azul (Final Fantasy X-2) for parent page.
- Gesper - Move to Gesper (Final Fantasy VIII) for parent page.
- PSICOM Enforcer - Move to PSICOM Enforcer (Final Fantasy XIII) for parent page.
- Redmaw - Move to Redmaw (Final Fantasy XII) for parent page.
- Thunder Flan - Move to Thunder Flan (Final Fantasy X) for parent page.
- Dark Soul - Move to Dark Soul (Final Fanatasy II) due to FFBE enemy as well as Darksoul Swarm item in Type0.
- Numb Blade - Move to Numb Blade (Final Fantasy V) due to FFBE enemy and FFXV boss?
Debate required firstEdit
Discussion may be required before moving these pages. Please visit the talk page of the page listed first.
- Visage and Vysage - See note above their respected pages.
- Sphere Hunter - Move to Sphere Hunter (Final Fantasy X-2) due to LR:FFXIII garb.
- Robe - Move to Robe (Armor Type) or something, due to recurring Robe armor?
- EX Mode - Move to EX Mode (Term) due to accessory in D012.
- Assist - Move to Assist (Term) due to accessory in D012.
- Tail Slap - Move to Tail Slap (Final Fantasy XI) due to FFVIII enemy ability?
- Heart of Chaos - term/plot device in XIII-2, and also an enemy ability in the same game. Also see talk page.
- Various enemy articles due to Final Fantasy Record Keeper/Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade/Final Fantasy World Words/etc.?
- Earth Rod - Move due to Explorers weapon? I don't know if there's any other instances of Earth Rod in the series or not...perfectly with this...)
- Thamasa - FFBE boss, but also a town in FFVI
- Dark Gate - Move to Dark Gate (Dimensions) due to FFRK and FFBE abilities, based on Secret of Mana abilities.
- Dark Force - Move to Dark Force (Final Fantasy VI) due to FFRK and FFBE abilities, based on Secret of Mana abilities.
- Iron Duke - Move to Iron Duke (accessory) due to Bravely Second weapon? Or add weapon to page?
- Blind (status) - Move to Darkness (status)? Seems to be the most recurring name.
- Flame/Ice/Thunder Rod - Check to see which are the actual rods, and then split accordingly if need be. For instance, FFRK's Flame Rod and Ice Rod for FFIII use the kanjis for Flameshard and Frostshard from FFIVDS respectively.
- Gunner - Move to Gunner (job) due to FFBE passive?
- Hero's Shield - Move to Hero's Shield (equipment) due to FFTS ability?
- Darksteel Shield - Move to Darksteel Shield (equipment) due to FFTS ability?
- Mortar - Move to Mortar (ability) or something, due to FFTA2/FFTS ability??
- Forest of the Fey - Move to (Dimensions) tag due to FFTS location??
- Rake - Probably move to Scratch.
- Maiden's Kiss - Move to Maiden's Kiss (item) due to Fables card?
- Avalanche (ability) - See Talk page.
- Element Drive - Not sure on this one. Both FFRK and MFF use the same kanji and whatnot, but...hmm...
- Soma Drop - Move to Soma Drop (item) due to MFF ability?
- Prelude - Move to Prelude (song) due to FFRK ability??
*The following are all for enemies, and thus requires a bit more discussion*
- Hell's Rider/Hell Rider VR2 - What to do about this? They both share the same kanji, and a FFBE enemy also shares the same kanji?
- White Dragon - This one is tricky. FFIV is not White Dragon but Pale Dragon, same as FFBE's enemy. The enemy doesn't need moved but...what to do about these two being the same enemy?
- Mighty Golem - Move to Mighty Golem (Dimensions) due to MFF ability/card/enemy???
These pages require splitting to separate pages.
- Deluge - See Talk Page.
- Sage's Surplice - Split Sage's Surplice, Magician's Robe, Wizard's Robe, etc.
- Aim - See Talk Page before doing anything with this.
- Barrage - See Talk Page.
- Sacrifice (Ability) - See Talk Page.
- Saronia Castle
- Hide - Split into Hide (Ability) and Hide (Status), much like how there's Jump (Ability) and Jump (Status).
- Defend (ability) - See Talk page.
- Spellbound - See Talk page.
- Counter (ability)
- Sticky Fingers - See Talk page.
- Steal Gil - See Talk page.
- Manafont - Needs looked at and split accordingly.
- Sandstorm - See Talk page.
- Frost Breath - See Talk page.
- Fire Breath - See Talk page.
- Thunder Breath
- Provoke (ability)
- Battle Cry
- Eerie Sound Wave/Dischord - Talk page for Eerie Sound Wave
- Lightning (ability)
- Master Sword - Disambig FFX/FFAB, FFTA/FFTA2, and Type-0/Agito and fix all links.
- Paralysis - Split statuses from page that isn't Paralysis (such as Threaten and Daze) if their JPN name and kanji aren't the same as Paralysis.
- Death Force - Split ability and status from NulDeath (ability) and NulDeath (status) respectively.
- Rush - Many wrong abilities on this page...may need to move this page to something more recent and disambig the main page.
- Silence Buster - Split from Silence Attack.
- Magic Counter - See Talk page.
- Requiem (ability) - Split FFIII/FFAB from Requiem page as they are not the same ability. See Talk page.
- Blitz (Final Fantasy XIII) - See Talk page.
- Flan - See talk page.
- Lucky Girl - Split to Lucky Girl and Lucky Stars, if applicable.
- Meltdown - Split between Meltdown (spell) and Meltdown (ability). JBed says to split the Dark Arts and suicide abilities, but I think they should still stay together due to sharing the same kanji/romaji. It's what we've BEEN doing for the most part with these articles.
These pages require merging to a larger page.
- Blood Drain & Vampire (ability) - Merge Blood Drain into Vampire (Ability). See if any other abilities share the same kanji and romanji, and merge those as well.
- Cheer & Boost (ability) - Several abilities are not on the proper pages and need to be moved to the right pages.
- Digestive Acid & Gastric Juice
These pages are already moved, but links need fixing.
These pages need links to be cleaned up.
- Tongue (ability)
- Protective Armlet
- Flamethrower/Flame (ability) - Apparently they both are using 火炎放射 as their kanji...someone needs to doublecheck these abilities and clean them up!
- Headbutt (ability)
These pages are where they should be, but are not used on enough navboxes
- Armor Break (ability) - Only on Magic template for Deprotect.
- Lunge (ability) - Nowhere.
- Magic Break (ability) - Only on Magic template for Defaith.
- Mental Break (ability) - Only on Magic template for Deshell.
- Power Break (ability) - Only on Magic template for Debrave.
- Sange - Only on FFXI template.