The Final Fantasy VIII Ultimania is a book about Final Fantasy VIII originally published in Japan by DigiCube in 1999, and re-released by Square Enix in 2006. The book is generally spoiler-free, and has no pictures of Griever or Ultimecia, who are simply referred to as "Last Boss".
- Edited by Studio BentStuff
- Pages: 480
- Format: A5
Table of ContentsEdit
After selected chapters, there are brief interviews with staff members who worked on Final Fantasy VIII.
The book has the following chapters:
- Chapter 1 - World & Character (p.6-47)
- Features political and geographic maps, profiles of major and minor characters, character event maps, town information, a keyword guide, and descriptions of vehicles in the game.
- Chapter 2 - Battle (p.48-75)
- Chapter 3 - Junction (p.76-115)
- Chapter 4 - Item (p.116-151)
- Chapter 5 - Card (p.152-185)
- Chapter 6 - Monster (p.186-255)
- A complete bestiary of monsters and bosses encountered in the game, excluding the final bosses.
- Chapter 7 - Scenario (p.256-305)
- A brief walkthrough of the storyline, with diary-like entries from the characters. Also takes players through side stories.
- Chapter 8 - Chocobo (p.306-323)
- Chapter 9 - Secret 111 (p.324-355)
- Chapter 10 - Map (p.356-467)
- Shows all the field background images (not battle screen or World Map images) and their connections, hidden items, and interactive parts.
- Index (p.468-473)
- The Score of Eyes On Me (p.474-477)
- Score of the song with lyrics in English and Japanese.
- Epilogue (p.478-480)
- The book revises certain character heights.