The Final Fantasy VIII Ultimania is a book about Final Fantasy VIII originally published in Japan by DigiCube in 1999, and re-released by Square Enix in 2006. The book is generally spoiler-free, and has no pictures of Griever or Ultimecia, who are simply referred to as "Last Boss".
- Edited by Studio BentStuff
- Pages: 480
- Format: A5
Table of ContentsEdit
After selected chapters, there are brief interviews with staff members who worked on Final Fantasy VIII.
The book has the following chapters:
- 1 - World & Character
- - Features political and geographic maps, profiles of major and minor characters, character event maps, town information, a keyword guide, and descriptions of vehicles in the game.
- 2 - Battle
- 3 - Junction
- 4 - Item
- 5 - Card
- 6 - Monster
- - A complete bestiary of monsters and bosses encountered in the game, excluding the final bosses.
- 7 - Scenario
- - A brief walkthrough of the storyline, with diary-like entries from the characters. Also takes players through side stories.
- 8 - Chocobo
- 9 - Secret 111
- 10 - Map
- - Shows all the field background images (not battle screen or World Map images) and their connections, hidden items, and interactive parts.
- The Score of Eyes On Me
- - Musical notation of the song and lyrics in English and Japanese.
- The book revises certain character heights.