|Balthier: I'm afraid the jury's still out on that one.|
|This article is about a title that's still to be released. As such, some of the information might be inaccurate or likely to change. Please look over our policy for updating articles covering upcoming games before editing this page.|
Final Fantasy Type-0 Online is an upcoming free-to-play online multi-player video game based on Final Fantasy Type-0 and is being developed in place of the discontinued Final Fantasy Agito. The game was said to launch in spring 2016 in Japan for iOS and Android. It's currently being considered for North America and Europe.
The beta testing session was available for Chinese players in June 2016.
On October 21, 2016, the game was renamed Final Fantasy Awakening (最终幻想 觉醒 Zuì Zhōng Huàn Xiǎng Jué Xǐng) in China, where it was released. The game also shares the same name in Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau, albeit with a slightly different logo. It is unknown whether it will have this title in the other regions when it is released outside China and Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau.
From the start, the game has been developed to be a four-player party hack-and-slash MMO. Characters will be acquired throughout the game.
Development preparations for Final Fantasy Type-0 Online began in November 2014.
- Official announcement trailer
- Official site for China version
- Official site for Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau version
- Pre-registration site for Singapore/Malaysia version
- iTunes App Store (China)
- iTunes App Store (Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau)
- Google Play (Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/18/final-fantasy-type-0-online-announced-will-release-worldwide/
- ↑ http://gematsu.com/2016/06/final-fantasy-type-0-online-open-beta-launches-june-china
- ↑ http://ff.laohu.com/201610/212703.html
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Hajime Tabata on Final Fantasy XV’s story, collaborations, and characters (Accessed: September 21, 2017) at FinalFantasy.net