- NB: This page uses the Super NES localization.
The Final Fantasy III Nintendo Player's Guide is a book about Final Fantasy VI, known as Final Fantasy III at the time, originally published in North America by Nintendo of America Inc. in conjunction with Tokuma Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd. in 1994. The book contains artwork from Yoshitaka Amano found throughout the player's guide. The book is 160 pages long.
Table of contentsEdit
The book has the following sections:
This section contains the characters profile, such has artwork, age, stats, and starting equipment along with a short introduction to the characters and their abilities in battle.
Tips & Tricks Part 1Edit
Part 1: The World of BalanceEdit
A detail walkthrough of the first half of the game, starting from the beginning of the game till the end of the world. This walkthrough contains detail maps, battle strategies, treasure checklist, shop list, and short story summaries about the game's events. This section was broken into forty events.
Tips & Tricks Part 2Edit
The second part of Tips & Tricks talks about Setzer's Dice damage along with a chart for damage output, Mog's Dances and where to learn them, and the result of changing the leader such has having different tent coloring.
Part 2: The World of RuinEdit
A detail of the second half of the walkthrough, starting from the Solitary Island till the end of the game. Like the first part, it contains detail maps, battle strategies, treasure checklist, shop list, and short story summaries about the game's events. This section was broken into thirty-five events.
Tips & Tricks Part 3Edit
The third and last Tips & Tricks talks about Setzer's Slot ability and gives the odds of obtaining the combinations with a short summary of what each ability does. Information on the Cursed Shield/Paladin Shield and brief information on Desperation Attacks.
A list of all magic spells along with a short description about them, MP cost, which esper teach what spell and provides the learning rate. This section also includes a list of Strago's Lore and which enemy he can learn them from.
This section covers all the items in the game in the form of a list. They are divided into these section; Items, Tools, Flying Weapons, Relics, Weapons, and Armor. Listing the price, who can equip it, and short description.
This section of the guide talks about how espers work and how the player can learn spells. It goes into details on where the espers are located, list the spells per esper and their learning rate, and the level up bonus on them.
This part is a brief bestiary listing all enemies and bosses. The only information provided are the enemy's HP, weaknesses, steal, and item drop. This area features their own elemental icon.
The Colosseum section contains a list of items the player can bet along with what enemy will be fought and the prize for winning.
The last section list and goes into detail about strategies the player can use.
- Vanish followed by X-Zone.
- Camp at a save point.
- Revivify the undead.
- Using relics out of battle to cure Poison, Dark, and Imp.
- Raising the player's level on Lethe River.
- Usefulness of Wall Rings.
- Muddle the Mage Master.
- Buying Sraphim at a discount in the World of Ruin.
- Pairing the relic Offering and Genji Glove.
- How to get the Illumina at the Colosseum.
- Fighting the Cactrot.
- The sidequest involving the wounded soldier.
- How to put the Relic Ring to good use.
- The player's guide explains the final battle sequence is supposed to be a rematch of the Statues, the first tier being Poltrgeist, the second tier being against Goddess, and the third tier being against Doom. No official material supports this; the idea was created by Nintendo of America.
- ↑ Final Fantasy III Nintendo Player's Guide, p.129