|Cid: Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Final Fantasy II/Allusions page!|
|Please expand this article into a full one. More details can be found, and this request can be discussed, on the associated discussion page.|
The following is list of allusions in Final Fantasy II.
- In the fan translated version of Final Fantasy II for the NES, an NPC tells the party to revive the power of the orbs. Guy tells her to shut up.
- Later versions of Final Fantasy II name the little boy Ricard Highwind looks after "Kain", after Kain Highwind.
- The Emperor's overall design bore resemblance to (and was likely based on) the Goblin King Jareth from the Jim Henson film Labyrinth.
- In later releases of Final Fantasy II, the scene where the Dreadnought pursued Cid's Airship resembled that of the opening for Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.
- The Emperor's Japanese name, Kōtei, is a reference to the Yellow Emperor, the purported ancestor to all Chinese and the initiator of Chinese civilization.