Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Original Soundtrack is the soundtrack to Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, composed and arranged by Kumi Tanioka. The opening and ending themes were translated into English for the game's U.S. release; the English version of the opening theme can be found on the promo CD Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: A Musical Journey.
The first pressing version of the soundtrack comes in a "liquid case," a thick plastic sleeve that wraps around the jewel case like a book cover. Within the plastic is a gel meant to simulate myrrh. The standard version comes in a standard-sized jewel case with obi. The liner notes include the tracklist in Japanese (kana); messages from composer Kumi Tanioka; Hidenori Iwasaki, music programming and arrangement; and Garyu Matsumoto (Roba House), who played the ancient instruments heard on the soundtrack; a profile of Yae; and notes on the "ancient instruments" used in the making of the music. Also included are lyrics to "Kaze no ne" and "Hoshizukiyo".
When Tanioka was involved in the Crystal Chronicles she was looking at the illustrations of the game world and planned for the world's music. She wanted to capture the sense of "world music" in a broad sense, where music is not limited to a single country or culture. The music of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles was created as Tanioka externalized this notion of what she believed to be perfect for the game.
Track list Edit
Disc 1 (66:22) Edit
- "Echo of Memories" (記憶のこだま, Kioku no Kodama?) - 0:47
- Played at the title screen.
- "Sound of the Wind" (カゼノネ, Kaze no Ne?) - 3:36
- The opening song.
- "Serenity" (やすらぎ, Yasuragi?) - 0:41
- Played at the start of a new adventure.
- "Today Arrives, Becoming Tomorrow" (今日が来て、明日になって, Kyou ga Kite, Ashita ni Natte?) - 2:14
- The main theme of the World Map.
- "The First Town" (はじまりの村, Hajimari no Mura?) - 2:40
- Played in the caravan's hometown.
- "Caravan Crossroad" (キャラバン・クロスロード, Kyaraban Kurosurōdo?) - 1:16
- Played whenever the caravan meets someone along the roads of the world.
- "Departure" (旅立ち, Tabidachi?) - 4:15
- The theme of the serene River Belle Path.
- "Moving Clouds on the River's Surface" (川面にうつる雲, Kawamo ni Utsuru Kumo?) - 1:27
- Played at Jegon River.
- "Twilight in Dreamland" (夢路の夕暮れ, Yume Michi no Yūgure?) - 3:51
- Played at the mysterious Mushroom Forest.
- "Echoes at the Mountain Peak" (鎚音ひびく峠にて, Tsuchi Oto Hibiku Touge Nite?) - 2:29
- The theme of Marr's Pass.
- "In the Gloomy Darkness" (憂いの闇の中で, Urei no Yami no Naka de?) - 3:33
- The eerie theme of the Mine of Cathuriges.
- "Prosperity and Tradition" (にぎわいと伝統と, Nigiwai to Dentou to?) - 2:17
- Played at the grand and majestic town of Alfitaria.
- "Shudder, Monster" (おののけ、もののけ, Ononoke, Mononoke?) - 3:23
- The theme of the goblin-infested Goblin Wall.
- "If three people are...?" (三人いれば...?, Sannin Ireba...??) - 2:09
- Played whenever the caravan meets the Striped Brigands.
- "Eternal Oath" (誓いは永遠に, Chikai wa Eien ni?) - 3:01
- The main theme of the desolate ghost town known as Tida.
- "End of the Tale" (閉じられた物語, Tojirareta Monogatari?) - 0:15
- Played after the caravan looses all of its caravanners in battle.
- "Magi is everything" (マギーがすべて, Magī Gasubete?) - 2:53
- "Amidatty and Eleanor, too" (アミダッティも、エレオノールも, Amidatti mo, Ereonōru mo?) - 3:29
- Played at the ancient hometown of the Yukes, Shella.
- "Promised Grace" (約束のうるおい, Yakusoku no Uruoi?) - 2:54
- "A Gentle Wind Blows" (そよかぜ吹けば, Soyokaze Fuke Ba?) - 2:10
- The theme of the rustic Fields of Fum.
- "Voice of Wind, Song of Time" (風のこえ、時のうた, Kaze no Koe, Toki no Uta?) - 3:12
- The chilly Selepation Cave's theme.
- "Goblin's Lair" (魔物の砦, Mamono no Toride?) - 3:14
- Played at Daemon's Court.
- "Make a Resolution" (覚悟を決めろ, Kakugo o Kimero?) - 0:50
- The tension filled track played whenever the caravan stumbles upon the dungeon boss' lair.
- "Monster Dance ~Rondo~" (怪物の輪舞 ～ロンド～, Kaibutsu no Rinbu ~Rondo~?) - 2:56
- This track is played during boss battles.
- "Water of Life" (命の水, Inochi no Mizu?) - 1:13
- Played at one of the most moving ceremonies of the game; the collection of a drop of Myrrh.
- "I'm Moogle" (ぼくモーグリ, Boku Mōguri?) - 1:05
- The theme of the furry bouncy moogle that delivers mail to the crystal caravan after each successful victory over a dungeon boss.
- "Nostalgic Profile" (なつかしい横顔, Natsukashii Yokogao?) - 1:29
- Played during the ceremony where the Myrrh replenishes Tipa's Crystal.
- "Annual Festival" (年に一度のお祭り, Ne ni Ichido no Omatsuri?) - 2:42
- This track is played at the year-end festival the town of Tipa has for the caravanners for coming back safely and bringing with them, Myrrh.
Disc 2 (65:16) Edit
- "Endless Sky" (はてしなき空, Hateshinaki Sora?) - 1:57
- "Meager Advance" (ただ突き進むのみ, Tada Tsukisusumu Nomi?) - 1:28
- The dismal theme of the Miasma Streams.
- "My Den" (ぼくのおうち, Boku no Ouchi?) - 1:28
- A theme synonymous with the moogles
- "Overlooking the Great Ocean" (大海原をながめて, taikai hara wonagamete?) - 1:20
- Played at Port Tipa.
- "Something Burns in the Heart" (心の奥に燃ゆるもの, Kokoro no Oku Ni Nen Yuru Mono?) - 3:44
- The track played at Mount Kilanda.
- "Leaving the Body Freely" (「自由」に身をゆだねて, Jiyuu" ni mi o Yudanete?) - 1:53
- Theme of the little seaside town of Leuda.
- "Sleeping Treasure in the Sand" (砂に眠る秘宝, Suna ni Nemuru Hihou?) - 3:42
- "Oh, Light...!" (光よ...！, Hikari yo...!?) - 2:29
- Theme of the light-chasing, legendary Black Knight.
- "Aiming Towards the New World" (新天地を目指して, Shintenchi o Mezashite?) - 4:30
- "Strength in Sadness" (哀しみを強さに, Kanashimi o Tsuyosa ni?) - 1:49
- This track is played during the cutscene where the Princess is talking to a Selkie female in Leuda.
- "The Time of Many Smiling Faces" (笑顔いっぱいの時間, Egao Ippai no Jikan?) - 1:58
- Played when the caravan finishes the "Princess" side quest and receives 100,000 gil!
- "When the Northern Sky Was Clear" (北の空が澄んでいたころ, Kita no Sora ga Sundeita Koro?) - 3:19
- The track for the town of origin during the Golden Age, now known as Rebena Te Ra.
- "Mag Mell" (マグ・メル, Magu Meru?) - 2:35
- Theme of Mag Mell.
- "Across the Divide" (アクロス・ザ・ディバイド, Akuroso Za Dabaido?) - 2:31
- "Echoes in the Heart" (心の中に響く音, Kokoro no Uchi ni Hibiku Oto?) - 2:00
- Almost identical to Echoes of Memories but with a piano piece towards the end. Played in the Nest of Memories.
- "Light and Shadow" (光と影, Hikari to Kage?) - 1:38
- This track is played during the Lady Mio's first dialogue.
- "I Don't Want to Forget..." (忘れたくない..., Wasuretakunai...?) - 3:43
- "Sad Monster" (哀しい怪物, Kanashii Kaibutsu?) - 3:59
- An interesting track with Bagpipes played throughout. Played during the fight against Raem.
- "Unite, Descent" (融合、降臨, Yuugou, Kourin?) - 4:07
- The Memiroa battle's music.
- "To the Successor of the Crystal" (クリスタルを継ぐ者へ, Kurisutaru o Tsugumono e?) - 2:00
- When Memiroa loses, we can hear this track.
- "Thoroughly Blue" (どこまでも蒼く, Doko Made mo Aoku?) - 2:00
- Like many of the tracks, the underlying melody is Kaze No Ne. Played when the miasma disappears.
- "Starry Moonlit Night" (星月夜, Hoshizukiyo?) - 4:24
- Ending theme.
- "Orgel of Water" (水のオルゴール, Mizu no Orugōru?) - 1:14
- Played at the end screen.
- "Starry Moonlit Night ~Arranged Version~" (星月夜 ～アレンジバージョン～, Hoshizukiyo ~Arenji Bājon~?) - 5:36
- Arranged version of the ending theme, Starry Moonlit Night.
Sheet music Edit
Published by DOREMI Music Publishing, the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Original Soundtrack Piano Sheet Music book contains piano arrangements by Kumi Tanioka for the music on the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Original Soundtrack. The difficulty level is from beginner to intermediate.