Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The following is a chronological list of events that take place in the Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within universe.
Story of Final Fantasy: The Spirits WithinEdit
Many Years AgoEdit
- On an unknown alien planet, an extremely aggressive race fights a war that ends up destroying their planet. A large chunk of the planet flies off into space, carrying with it several million of its inhabitants and fauna of various sizes. The flight through space kills all the living things on the chunk, but they are imbued with such malice and suffering that they become ghosts of a sort.
- Dr. Sid is born on June, in Toronto.
- Dr. Sid detects a strange energy force during a gravitational field extraction experiment and begins tentatively conducting research into spiritual energy, resulting in the Bio Etherium and the Gaia Theory.
- Douglas Hein is born in San Francisco
- Several meteors crash to Earth during the Leonid Meteor shower, the largest of which lands in the Middle East, amongst the Caspian Mountains.
- The wild-life of the world begins dying in the areas surrounding the meteors due to unknown causes.
- Gray Edwards is born on April, in Chicago.
- Ryan Whittaker is born on July, in New York City.
- Jane Proudfoot is born on January, in Houston.
- Dr. Sid and his colleagues discover evidence of “Phantoms” being responsible for the mass of unexplained deaths that are occurring around the world.
- The United Nations established the USMF as its Anti Phantom Division. Forces from each nation then began their assault on the Phantoms by using conventional weapons.
- Conventional weapons were deemed to be an ineffective means of attack against the Phantoms.
- More than 60% of the world's military forces are exhausted.
- The Phantom Cleansing Mission of Tucson is launched.
- The first Spiritual Energy Weapon is developed by Dr. Sid.
- The Barrier System Theory is developed, leading to the creation of the Barrier City project.
- The first experimental barrier is completed around Houston.
- Douglas Hein enters the Houston Military Academy at 17 years of age.
- Douglas Hein meets his future wife; a social worker dedicated to finding a solution to the Phantom threat
- Barrier City construction commences for 130 cities and 1200 military facilities around the world.
- The United States Military Force enacts a country-wide draft to supplement the military forces for Phantom Cleansing Missions.
- Gray Edwards enters the Houston Military Academy at 17 years of age.
- Jane Proudfoot enters the Houston Military Academy at 16 years of age.
- The world human population has decreased from 10 billion to 300 million as a result of Phantom attacks.
- The development of the Zeus Cannon begins.
- Neil Fleming enters the Houston Military Academy at 18 years of age.
- Dr. Sid completes the first successful analysis of the Phantom Spiritual Wave.
- During consecutive training missions, squadron leader Gray Edwards and medical assistant Aki Ross meet and start building a relationship.
- The San Francisco Barrier City’s barrier fails. Douglas Hein’s wife and daughter are killed as the city is overrun and destroyed.
- The fourth World-Wide Phantom Cleansing Mission occurs.
- Douglas Hein is promoted to the rank of General.
- The Deep Eyes squadron (Jane, Neil, Gray and Ryan) is formed to conduct search and rescue missions throughout the Barrier Cities and wastelands.
- Aki Ross moves to the New York Barrier City to complete her doctorate.
- Aki becomes infected by Phantom particles after an accident during an experiment.
- Aki begins cutting herself off from people, including Gray Edwards whom she was still pursuing a relationship with.
- Dr. Sid manages to temporarily contain Aki’s infection using a chest plate to keep it in check.
- Discovering that her wave pattern was ideal to add to the Wave Theory, Aki starts searching for the remaining spirit patterns to complete the desired wave-form.