|Trouble with the audio sample?|
- "The final boss battle theme for FFX. A grave opening gives way to incessant questioning from the piano, as poignant as Spira's spiral of death and dreams..."
- —Theatrhythm Final Fantasy description.
"Final Battle" (決戦, Kessen?, lit. "Decisive Battle"), also known as "Decisive Battle", is the theme that plays during the final boss battle against Yu Yevon in Final Fantasy X, composed by Masashi Hamauzu. It is the eighteenth track on disc 4 of the game's original soundtrack. The song is a 3-part variation and the third part (2:20-2:40) is infused with the melody of Hymn of the Fayth.
Arrangement Album appearancesEdit
The Piano Collections version is mostly faithful to the OST version. There is a second version found in the Piano Collections Book under "Special Presents", and has an added staccato section.
The beginning of track 12 "Spiral" contains a short and simplified piano solo of the song and then enters an irrelevant electronic-rock fusion.
- "Final Boss Theme"
- "Battle Scene 2"
- "Battle to the Death"
- "The Final Battle" (Final Fantasy IV)
- "The Final Battle" (Final Fantasy V)
- "Dancing Mad"
- "One-Winged Angel"
- "The Extreme"
- "The Final Battle" (Final Fantasy IX)
- "Struggle for Freedom"
- "Nascent Requiem"
- "Rise of the White Raven"