The Favour System is an April Fools' joke from Square Enix's Final Fantasy XIV developers. It is a joke news about a dating sim system being added to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, posted on the official site of the game on April 1, 2014.
Original message post on the official siteEdit
- Greetings, everyone!
- It's been really hard to keep this secret, but it's finally time to let the coeurl out of the bag!
- Today we'll be discussing the upcoming "Favour" system! This new system will allow adventurers to grow even closer to their favorite NPCs. Have you held out hope that one day Minfilia will look your way for longer than a cutscene? Or perhaps you offer gifts to Merlwyb to try and win her over? Well, that's what the Favour system is for!
- In an effort to lift the veil of game development, we figured this would be a good chance to show you one of the design documents that the team is using to create the new system.
- Who are you looking forward to raising favour with in this new system?
- While we showcased female NPCs in today's update, rest assured that male NPCs will be debuting in the system at the same time!
- We hope you enjoyed this brief glimpse into the Favour system and we can't wait to share more with you in the future!
- -Bayohne (is already planning to spend a lot of time with Merlwyb)
Retrieved from "http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Favour_System?oldid=2702193"