|Final Fantasy XII Esper|
|Location||Pharos at Ridorana (Third Ascent - Womb of the Sun-Cryst)|
|Common Steal||Aquarius Gem|
|Rare Steal||High Arcana|
|Very Rare Drop||None|
|Canopic Jar Drop||None|
|Attacks||3-hit max; can inflict Silence|
|Abilities||Briny Cannonade, Waterja|
|Innate abilities||Safety, Null Knockback, Adrenaline, Counter Plus|
If HP <50% - Null Evade, Damage Resist and Spellspring
|Immune to||Death, Petrify, Stop, Doom, Confuse, Sleep, Disease, Reverse, Disable, Immobilize, Silence, Blind, Poison, Sap, Lure, Berserk, Warp, Poach, Fractional Damage, Sight Unseeing, Syphon, Numerology, Charm, Achilles, Wither, Addle|
|Other Information||Has Protect and Shell.|
- “Behold the manufacted nethicite…the fruit of our power and knowledge! See what the Stone of Man is capable of! Witness its power with your own eyes! Famfrit! To me!”
- —Dr. Cid
- See also: Famfrit
Famfrit is a boss from Final Fantasy XII. The party fights him in the Pharos at Ridorana alongside Dr. Cid. It is also fought in the International Zodiac Job System trial mode at stage 50 along with 3 Abaddon.
- Genus: Esper
- Classification: The Darkening Cloud
Page 1: ObservationsEdit
- “The hideous, darkly clouded form of Famfrit, scion in opposition to Holy Queen Emmerololth, scion of light, was anathema even to his creators. Thus, after a great battle, was he broken and sealed within armor laced with wards. The confines of his armor are void of light, and so is he called the Darkening Cloud. Men fear the rain that falls from the black clouds that ooze from that giant ewer as a herald of chaos and waste.”
Famfrit is fought alongside with Dr. Cid, who is immune to everything when Famfrit is summoned. The first move is to dispel Famfrit's buffs. Hopefully, Reddas is targeting Famfrit, and not Dr. Cid. Famfrit mostly attacks with magick, so Shell is useful. Famfrit's standard attack, Briny Cannonade, deals Water damage on one character, and his special attack, Waterja, deals Water damage to characters in range and has a chance of inflicting Silence.
Dr. Cid will buff Famfrit from time to time. He can also use his S-85 Cyclotrone and Gatling Gun while fighting Famfrit, although it is easily dodged by going behind him. After defeating Famfrit, Dr. Cid's paling will fall, and he can be easily beaten.
Famfrit's vulnerability to Oil can be abused with Fire-elemental weaponry like the Gungnir, or a Fomalhaut with Wyrmfire Shot. One should also consider summoning the Esper Belias for an Esper vs. Esper battle, since Belias's Fire attacks can do massive damage against Famfrit.
- Famfrit is the only Esper ever referred to by name in Final Fantasy XII. Dr. Cid calls it by name when he summons it.
- Famfrit is the only Esper to be summoned by a character outside of the player's party to assist them in battle.
- While it is generally accepted that Exodus is the Esper based on Exdeath, Famfrit's armor color and structure also resemble Exdeath's to a degree.