|FITHOS LUSEC WECOS VINOSEC: Final Fantasy VIII|
Square Enix (re-release)
|CD Info||1 CD - 13 Tracks|
|Release date||November 19, 1999|
July 22, 2004 (re-release)
FITHOS LUSEC WECOS VINOSEC: Final Fantasy VIII is an album for Final Fantasy VIII, arranged for orchestra. A chorus performs on the "Liberi Fatali" and "FITHOS LUSEC WECOS VINOSEC" tracks. "Eyes on Me" is performed by Faye Wong. Tracks 1, 7, and 12 are taken directly from the Final Fantasy VIII: Original Soundtrack album.
The album's liner notes include an interview titled, "Future Experiences and Fortunes of Nobuo Uematsu"; lyrics to "Eyes On Me" in English and "Liberi Fatali" in Latin. Includes customer survey card.
Live orchestra recordings of "Don't Be Afraid" and "Love Grows" are included on the 20020220 music from Final Fantasy album. "Fragments of Memories" and "Balamb GARDEN ~ Ami" are found on the Potion: Relaxin' with Final Fantasy album.
- "Liberi Fatali"
- "Blue Fields"
- "Don't Be Afraid"
- "Balamb GARDEN~Ami"
- "Fisherman's Horizon"
- "FITHOS LUSEC WECOS VINOSEC"
- "Eyes on Me"
- "The Man with the Machine Gun"
- "Dance with the Balamb-fish"
- "Love Grows"
- "The Oath"
- "Ending Theme"
- "Fragments of Memories"
Liner Notes (translated from the original Japanese)Edit
- “Sometimes I feel I am forced into a corner by complicated human relationships, excessive responsibility I placed on myself, or by job related stress and I lose touch with myself. Because of my rather optimistic nature, I do not fall into a deep depression but there are moments when I feel like I don't know where I stand. By following the consensus without my own opinion, I sometimes end up regretting the consequences, or sometimes I try to act like a hero and tell myself that I can only depend on myself, but then the pressure becomes unbearable... When I feel like I do not know who I am anymore, the music leads me to a place where I feel neutral. When I'm in touch with the music, quietly by myself, I feel I can get back to myself. When I'm in touch with the souls of the composers, lyricists, and musicians, it inspires me to remember my dreams and desires. If you can regain hopes and dreams, then you can expect bright and fruitful future. It doesn't have to be music. Some people are inspired by paintings, novels, cooking, words from their parents, computers, or even God. It can be anything as long as you believe in it and it helps you remember who you are. For me, it just happens to be music. Trying to listen to your inner self without any influences of the outside world is, in a way, very much like meditation. After I regain myself, I come back to the real world, and I set my life back on track to pursue my dream...., when or where I land, I do not know.”
- —Nobuo Uematsu 09/28/99
- “I handled the orchestration and the arrangement of the music in this CD. Ever since Reunion Tracks, everybody at Square has been very good to me and I truly appreciate it. Arrangement is like a foundation or background work, but because the magnitude of the Final Fantasy series, I feel enormous pressure. On top of that, I do not want to disappoint the large number of fans who follow Mr. Uematsu, so I felt a great responsibility. Overall, I tried to make the music interesting even as pure orchestral music. One thing I'm frustrated about is the fact that I haven't conquered the game, yet....., that bothers me.”
- —Shirō Hamaguchi 09/29/99
- VGMdb - Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec: Final Fantasy VIII
- VGMdb - Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec: Final Fantasy VIII (reprint)