|FITHOS LUSEC WECOS VINOSEC: Final Fantasy VIII|
Square Enix (re-release)
|CD Info||1 CD - 13 Tracks|
|Release date||November 19, 1999|
July 22, 2004 (re-release)
FITHOS LUSEC WECOS VINOSEC: Final Fantasy VIII is an album for Final Fantasy VIII, arranged for orchestra. A chorus performs on the "Liberi Fatali" and "FITHOS LUSEC WECOS VINOSEC" tracks. "Eyes on Me" is performed by Faye Wong. Tracks 1, 7, and 12 are taken directly from the Final Fantasy VIII: Original Soundtrack album.
The album's liner notes include an interview titled, "Future Experiences and Fortunes of Nobuo Uematsu"; lyrics to "Eyes On Me" in English and "Liberi Fatali" in Latin. Includes customer survey card.
Live orchestra recordings of "Don't Be Afraid" and "Love Grows" are included on the 20020220 music from Final Fantasy album. "Fragments of Memories" and "Balamb GARDEN ~ Ami" are found on the Potion: Relaxin' with Final Fantasy album.
- "Liberi Fatali"
- "Blue Fields"
- "Don't Be Afraid"
- "Balamb GARDEN~Ami"
- "Fisherman's Horizon"
- "FITHOS LUSEC WECOS VINOSEC"
- "Eyes on Me"
- "The Man with the Machine Gun"
- "Dance with the Balamb-fish"
- "Love Grows"
- "The Oath"
- "Ending Theme"
- "Fragments of Memories"
Liner Notes (translated from the original Japanese)Edit
- “Sometimes I feel I am forced into a corner by complicated human relationships, excessive responsibility I placed on myself, or by job related stress and I lose touch with myself. Because of my rather optimistic nature, I do not fall into a deep depression but there are moments when I feel like I don't know where I stand. By following the consensus without my own opinion, I sometimes end up regretting the consequences, or sometimes I try to act like a hero and tell myself that I can only depend on myself, but then the pressure becomes unbearable... When I feel like I do not know who I am anymore, the music leads me to a place where I feel neutral. When I'm in touch with the music, quietly by myself, I feel I can get back to myself. When I'm in touch with the souls of the composers, lyricists, and musicians, it inspires me to remember my dreams and desires. If you can regain hopes and dreams, then you can expect bright and fruitful future. It doesn't have to be music. Some people are inspired by paintings, novels, cooking, words from their parents, computers, or even God. It can be anything as long as you believe in it and it helps you remember who you are. For me, it just happens to be music. Trying to listen to your inner self without any influences of the outside world is, in a way, very much like meditation. After I regain myself, I come back to the real world, and I set my life back on track to pursue my dream...., when or where I land, I do not know.”
- —Nobuo Uematsu 09/28/99
- “I handled the orchestration and the arrangement of the music in this CD. Ever since Reunion Tracks, everybody at Square has been very good to me and I truly appreciate it. Arrangement is like a foundation or background work, but because the magnitude of the Final Fantasy series, I feel enormous pressure. On top of that, I do not want to disappoint the large number of fans who follow Mr. Uematsu, so I felt a great responsibility. Overall, I tried to make the music interesting even as pure orchestral music. One thing I'm frustrated about is the fact that I haven't conquered the game, yet....., that bothers me.”
- —Shirō Hamaguchi 09/29/99
- VGMdb - Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec: Final Fantasy VIII
- VGMdb - Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec: Final Fantasy VIII (reprint)
|Final Fantasy I & II - Final Fantasy III - Final Fantasy IV - Final Fantasy V - Final Fantasy VI - Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children - Dirge of Cerberus - Before Crisis & Last Order - Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VIII - Final Fantasy IX - Final Fantasy X - Final Fantasy X-2 - Final Fantasy XI - Final Fantasy XII - Final Fantasy XIII - Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - Final Fantasy XIV (Battle Tracks - Field Tracks - Eorzean Frontiers - Before Meteor - A Realm Reborn) - Final Fantasy Tactics - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - Vagrant Story - Type-0 - Crystal Chronicles - Ring of Fates - My Life as a King & My Life as a Darklord - Echoes of Time - Mystic Quest - The 4 Heroes of Light - Bravely Default: Flying Fairy - Legends - Dimensions - Dissidia - Dissidia 012 - Chocobo Racing - Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon ~Labyrinth of Forgotten Time~ - Chocobo and the Magic Book Series - Unlimited: Verse 1 and Verse 2 - The Spirits Within|
|Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII|
|Final Fantasy IV and The After Years - Final Fantasy IX - Final Fantasy XI - Final Fantasy XIII - Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII|
|Final Fantasy IV - Final Fantasy V - Final Fantasy VI - Final Fantasy VII - Final Fantasy VIII - Final Fantasy IX - Final Fantasy X - Final Fantasy X-2 - Final Fantasy XI - Final Fantasy XII - Final Fantasy XIII|
|Final Fantasy I/II/III - Final Fantasy IV/V/VI|
|The Black Mages|
|The Black Mages - The Black Mages II: The Skies Above - The Black Mages III: Darkness and Starlight|
|Symphonic Suite Final Fantasy - Final Fantasy III: Eternal Legend of the Wind - Final Fantasy IV: Celtic Moon - Final Fantasy V: Dear Friends - Final Fantasy VI: Grand Finale - Final Fantasy VII Chips - Final Fantasy VIII Chips - FITHOS LUSEC WECOS VINOSEC: Final Fantasy VIII - Final Fantasy IX Chips - Final Fantasy X Chips - White: Melodies of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - Final Fantasy Remix - Guitar Solo Final Fantasy Official Best Collection - Final Fantasy XI Chips - Beer SQ - Battle SQ - Cafe SQ - Final Fantasy Orchestra Album - Final Fantasy Tribute ~Thanks~ - SQ Chips - SQ Chips 2 - Luxendarc's Big Diary - X'mas Collections music from SQUARE ENIX - X'mas Collections II music from SQUARE ENIX|
|Final Fantasy X Vocal Collection - Final Fantasy X-2: Vocal Collection - Yuna - Final Fantasy X-2: Vocal Collection - Rikku - Final Fantasy X-2: Vocal Collection - Paine - Final Fantasy: Pray - Final Fantasy: Love Will Grow - Final Fantasy Song Book "Mahoroba"|
|Final Fantasy Mix - Final Fantasy 1987-1994 - Final Fantasy Vinyls - Final Fantasy VII Vinyl Limited Edition - Final Fantasy VII: Reunion Tracks - Music from FFV and FFVI Video Games - The Best of Final Fantasy 1994 - 1999 - Potion: Relaxin' with Final Fantasy- Final Fantasy S Generation: Official Best Collection - Potion 2: Relaxin' with Final Fantasy - Final Fantasy Finest Box - Square Enix Battle Tracks V.1 - Square Enix Battle Tracks V.2 - Square Enix Battle Tracks V.3 - Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete Reunion Tracks - Final Fantasy XI 8th Anniversary: Memories of Dusk and Dawn - Sword Songs: Final Fantasy XI Battle Collection|
|20020220 - Tour de Japon - More Friends - Distant Worlds - Distant Worlds II - Distant Worlds Returning Home|
|Artists and Bands|
|Ai Kawashima - Aimee Blackschleger - Angela Aki - Arata Hanyuda - Aundréa L. Hopkins - Ayaka - Bill Muir - Bump of Chicken - Charice Pempengco - Crystal Kay - Emiko Shiratori - Faye Wong - Frances Maya - Gackt - Izumi Masuda - Jade Villalon - Joelle - Kana Ueda - Kazco Hamano - KOKIA - Koda Kumi - Kyosuke Himuro - Leona Lewis - Mai Fukui - Máire Breatnach - Megumi Ida - Michio Okamiya - Michiyo Honda - Mina - ORIGA - Risa Ohki - RIKKI - Sayuri Sugawara - Shootie HG - Susan Calloway - Svetla Krasteva - The Star Onions - Tomoaki Watanabe - Your Favorite Enemies|
|Elliot Goldenthal - Hitoshi Sakimoto - Junya Nakano - Kenichiro Fukui - Kenji Ito - Keiji Kawamori - Kumi Tanioka - Masashi Hamauzu - Masaharu Iwata - Mitsuto Suzuki - Naoshi Mizuta - Nobuo Uematsu - Shirō Hamaguchi - Shirō Sagisu - Takeharu Ishimoto - Taro Hakase - Tsuyoshi Sekito - Yoko Shimomura - Yuji Toriyama - Yuzo Takahashi|
|Concerts and Tours|
|Dear Friends -Music from Final Fantasy- - Distant Worlds: Music from Final Fantasy - A New World: intimate music from Final Fantasy - Tour de Japon: Music from Final Fantasy - VOICES: Music from Final Fantasy|