- “Most ancient of the scions, created in opposition to Halmarut, the Arbiter, and scion of light. Tasked with keeping watch over the world, with the authority to judge the value of all things. As he watched, unseen, unknown, his attachment to the world dwindled and faded until it was as nothing. Fitting that he would desire to make the world, too, as nothing. Yet he fell in the war against the gods, and was thwarted, imprisoned in punishment for his heresy.”
- —Clan Primer Bio
Exodus the Judge-Sal (審判の霊樹エクスデス, Shinpan no Reiju Ekusudesu?, lit. Exdeath the Tree-Spirit Judge) is an Esper from the world of Ivalice. The Esper of Aether, he represents the Zodiac sign of Libra, the Scale, and as such Exodus stands upon a platform with a scale. His color sign is orange due to being non-elemental. He is also referred to as the Tula Ascendant, which is the Sanskrit name of its Zodiac sign as used in Jyotish (Hindu) astrology.
- For the battle information, see: Exodus (Final Fantasy XII Boss)
Exodus is found on the highest peak of the Mosphoran Highwaste, in the Empyrean Seat. The player must activate the shrines in a correct order to be able to reach it.
Comet: A non-elemental attack. Its damage is random, between 0 to Exodus's Max HP.
Meteor: A non-elemental attack, and Exodus's ultimate attack. Exodus stands on a crystalline pinnacle and, charging two small meteorites, he launches them into the atmosphere. A giant meteor plunges through the clouds and detonates above its target. Its damage is random.
- Required License Points - 50 LP
- Required Mist Charges - 2
|1||Summon time remaining < 10s and Self: Immobilized||Meteor|
- Attack: 98
- Defense: 53
- Magick Defense: 35
Exodus takes half damage from all elements.
|Level||Max HP||Max MP||Speed||Strength||Magic||Vitality|
- Ignore weather and terrain effects.
- Main article: Exodus (Revenant Wings)
- “Judge-Sal who metes out justice from the heavens.”
- —In-Game Description
Exodus returns, along with the other Espers, in Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. He is the Rank III Flying Earth Yarhi. He is fought in Mission 68: Destiny in the Stars, in Gugoza Falls. The party goes there to view recent sightings of shooting stars, which reveal themselves to be none other than Exodus. When the Judge-Sal is defeated, Fran gains her Quickening, Gaze of the Void.
- For the battle information, see: Exodus (Tactics Advance)
Exodus appears as a Scion. He can be called by anyone equipping the Gift of the Judge-Sal when the Smash Gauge is orange. His attack is Meteor, which does 999 damage to a single target.
Exodus appears in Final Fantasy Trading Card Game with a dark-elemental card.
Exodus is an alternate translation of Exdeath, the main antagonist of Final Fantasy V, and his name and title relate to Exdeath's origin. Exodus's body resembles Exdeath's knight form, albeit with a different head. The twisted roots and branches that surround Exodus reflect Exdeath's origin as a sentient tree. In addition to this, his goal to reduce the world to a state of nothingness is identical to that of Neo Exdeath.
The Exodus (from Greek ἔξοδος exodos, "going out") is the charter myth of Israel; its message being the Israelites were delivered from slavery by Yahweh and therefore belong to him through the covenant. It tells of the enslavement of the Israelites in Egypt following the death of Joseph, their departure under the leadership of Moses, the revelations at Sinai, and their wanderings in the wilderness up to the borders of Canaan.