|Cid: Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Eruyt Village page!|
Please expand this article into a full one. This can be done by Adding a Locations section, with images and brief descriptions of the areas within the location. This request can be discussed on the associated discussion page.
- “It is not allowed for humes to walk on these grounds.”
- —Viera Priestess
Only viera can reveal the hidden path to it, as its pathway is covered entirely in a created substance called "Vision Dust," which is harmless to viera, but clouds the minds of all other races. The only inhabitants of Eruyt Village are women, as the Ultimania guide states males live elsewhere.
- “Hidden village of viera in Golmore Jungle. Viera enclaves are scattered throughout the jungle, but all are warded against entry by those of other tribes or lands. Viera are reclusive by nature, living separate from their own kind, save when necessity demands. This isolation is in part made possible by the viera ability to hear the spirit voice of the Wood, and thereby know all the comes to pass within Her borders. Throughout the history of Ivalice, rarely have the Viera ventured beyond the borders of the Wood, and few outsiders know of their laws or customs. Vieran villages are formed of massive trees linked by suspended paths, with dwellings and small shrines to the spirit of the Wood encircling the trunks. During the day, many Viera come to a clearing in the village, where a glistering spring bubbles up from the earth, to meditate. Their leaders resides in the center of the village and governs according to the Word of the Wood. Those who perform the sacred ceremonial duties of salve-maker or wood-warder stand at her side, defending the ways of the village and of the Viera. Compared to other races, the Viera seem to move at a slower, more contemplative pace, more at peace with the flow of time. However, some younger Viera have begun to question the wisdom of rejecting change in the midst of a rapidly developing Ivalice.”
- —Sage Knowledge piece 71
Eruyt Village is located deep in the Golmore Jungle. Despite the fact it's a jungle, the viera call it "The Wood".
The Viera and the WoodEdit
The only inhabitants who live in the village are the reclusive viera. Even then, "live" is a bit of an exaggeration, since they only meet in the town's center near the middle of the day. The rest of the day, they will sleep around the entire forest, guarding its trees. The viera, Jote, Fran's elder sister, is the closest thing they have to a leader.
Since the village is part of the forest, the viera refer to their village as an actual living being. Whether the village does actually have a will of its own is debatable, but the viera in it certainly seem to think so.
- Jote, the leader of the viera and Fran's elder sister.
- Mjrn, Fran's younger sister, who longs to follow in Fran's footsteps and leave the Wood to explore Ivalice.
The party never intended to visit Eruyt Village, but on their way to Mt. Bur-Omisace the party must pass through the Golmore Jungle. Upon entering the jungle they find the path is blocked by magickal barriers. Fran explains the viera have placed them there and that the Wood is hostile toward her, because she has abandoned the viera way of life.
Fran opens the way to Eruyt Village and tells the party to seek Mjrn, Fran's younger sister. They do not find Mjrn, but talk to another of Fran's sisters, Jote, who tells them Mjrn has left the village to Henne Mines. Worried about Mjrn, the party make their way into the mines and find her, consumed by manufacted nethicite and Venat. After destroying the monster the mist lured out, Mjrn is released from the mist's grasp and Fran brings her back to the village.
Grateful at the party for having saved Mjrn, Jote gives the party Lente's Tear, which opens the path through the jungle. Fran speaks to her sisters one last time, warning Mjrn of leaving the Wood, and asks Jote if the Wood hates her. After listening to the Wood, Jote tells Fran the Wood wants her child back. Fran smiles, knowing her sister does not speak the truth, and leaves, content that her sister still cares about her.
- Road of Verdant Praise (to Golmore Jungle)
- The Spiritwood
- Fane of the Path
Great Cockatrice Escape SidequestEdit
A cockatrice who has escaped from Giza Plains called Chit is found in Eruyt Village after the events in Draklor Laboratory. The player must collect Dewdrop Pebbles scattered around the village and give them to Mjrn to get a Yoichi Bow.
The first Dewdrop Pebble is right by Chit and Mjrn, denoted by a 'Sparkling Light'.
There are two more on Fane of the Path area: near Alja and near a pacing wood-dweller. There are six on The Spiritwood area: on the stairs when descending from Fane of the Path, near three-way cross before entering Fane of the Path, near Rael, in the spring (the player needs to ask a viera nearby to get it), on the stairs south from the spring, north-east dead end. After collecting all these pebbles the player must give them to Mjrn, then talk to Chit,
who will drop another Dewdrop Pebble.
Note: The items available for purchase change throughout the game. These items may not all be available at the same time.
Consult the Items for more information on individual items.
Consult the Accessories article for more information on individual accessories.
Consult the Magick article for more information on individual spells.
|"Eruyt Village" in Final Fantasy XII|
|Trouble with the audio sample?|