Erase is a level 5 Black Magic spell that can be bought for 5,000 gil at Northeast Saronia and Doga's Village. It removes all beneficial status effects on the target. The Scholar's main ability, Study, dispels the target's positive status along with scanning their stats, HP and weaknesses. Erase can only be used by the Black Mage, Sage, and Magus classes.
In the NES version, the spell was meant to remove only the Reflect status, but does not do so. It would have had a 60% accuracy.
|Final Fantasy XI Spell|
|Effect:||Removes one detrimental magical effect from target party member.|
|Casting Time:||2.5 Seconds|
|Recast Time:||15 Seconds|
|Magic Type:||Enhancing Magic|
|Jobs:||WHM 32 - SCH 39|
- This spell, distinct from Dispel in Final Fantasy XI, removes one detrimental magical effect from the target party member.
- Unlike most status recovery White Magic, Erase is considered Enhancing Magic, and can only be cast on party members.
- When combined with Divine Veil or Accession, this spell gives Erase to all party members within a small radius of the target.
- Scholars are only able to use this spell under the effects of Addendum: White or Enlightenment, or with a White Mage subjob of level 32 or higher.
- Removes the following statuses:
Erase appears as an ability that can be chosen in the Onion Knight's Sage EX Burst, although it does nothing when selected.