- "I see you've begun to understand my glorious existence here. Yet, perhaps it is best you see for yourselves my power... Power that held the whole world in fear... The power of the Void!"
1,000 years before the start of the game, Enuo, an immortal wizard, traded his immortality for control over the Void. With this great power of nothingness under his control, he wreaked havoc across the original world. Eventually though, Enuo was defeated by the power of the twelve Sealed Weapons and consumed by the Void. After the battle, the Void was contained in the Interdimensional Rift, then the Crystals were split into two so that the world itself would be split into two as well.
Once the planet was split, the entrance to the Rift became caught out of reach in the space between the two worlds, so that no evil being could enter the Rift and ever use the dark power of the Void again. Final Fantasy V Advance shows that while he was consumed by the Void, his essence lived on in the Sealed Temple within the Void itself.
- Main article: Enuo (Final Fantasy V Boss)
Enuo is fought at the bottom of the Sealed Temple.
Enuo appears in Final Fantasy Trading Card Game on card which contains his battle sprite.
- As he did not actually appear in the original version of the game, Tetsuya Nomura, who was originally responsible for monster designs for Final Fantasy V, was brought back to design his appearance for the Advance edition.
- In Dissidia Final Fantasy, Exdeath's ultimate weapon is called Enuo's Scourge.
- A common misconception is that Enuo was sealed in the tree that later became Exdeath. However, this is not supported by any information given in-game about Enuo, and contradicts statements from non-playable characters in the Phantom Village that Enuo was consumed by the Void.
- The battle with Enuo uses the same background and music as the battle with Neo Exdeath.