|Final Fantasy Tactics Character|
Elidibus, also known as Elidibs, is a legendary wizard from Final Fantasy Tactics that is said to be a hero of the Fifty Years' War, though his exact role is never stated. He is hidden on the lowest level of the Midlight's Deep. Exactly how he came to be in possession of the Serpentarius Zodiac Stone, the secret thirteenth stone, is unclear, but he is able to transform into a Lucavi of the same name.
Elidibus has the role of an optional boss; if fought, he would come between Adrammelech and Hashmal. If the description for the Magick City of Gariland is read, it is revealed that it is Elidibus's hometown. According to his character description, he disappeared during the recapture of Riovanes Castle.
Ramza Beoulve will encounter Elidibus in the pitch-black final floor of the Midlight's Deep. He will immediately transform into Lucavi form when spotted, and is quite powerful, having almost as many Hit Points as Ultima's second form. He is backed up by several Reavers, but Ramza's team gets a guest for this battle: Byblos, a special Reaver.
Elidibus himself packs several powerful spells, including the move Zodiark, which has a 90% chance of being learned by a Summoner if it deals 1 or more HP or MP damage and the Summoner survives it. The Time Mage's Reaction Ability Mana Shield will allow the Summoner to survive a hit if the reaction ability activates.
Elidibus starts at level 75 with 70 Bravery and Faith, and has roughly 2730 HP and 1135 MP. He has access to The Dark command, as well as Counter and Swiftness, and is immune to all negative statuses except Blind, Oil, Toad, Slow, and Stop. Elidibus is immune to the Ice element.
A legendary daemon lord depicted in the constellation of the Serpent Bearer. His fiery wrath cannot be quenched.
|Move Rate||Jump Rate||Speed||Physical Evasion Rate||Base Attack||Base Magic||Base HP||Base MP|
Dark Cloud/The DarkEdit
Serpentarius job command. Mighty magick beyond the comprehension of mere mortals.
The damage formula for Snakecharm is as follows:
The damage formula for Midgardsormr is as follows:
The damage formula for Zodiark is as follows:
|PS1 Name||PSP Name||Description||Range||Effect||Speed|
|Snake Carrier||Snakecharm||Attack with a monstrous serpent.||1||1||Now|
|Poison Frog||Poisonous Frog||Turn the target into a toad with a serpent's gaze.|
Effect: Toad, Poison.
Quote: "One unaware of their true self they pity themselves..."
|Midgar Swarm||Midgardsormr||Attack by summoning a spectral serpent.|
Quote: "Rays in the dark sky, let's see your dignity! Midgar Swarm!"
|Zodiac||Zodiark||Darkening Cloud. An esper that bathes the earth in radiant beams of focused starlight.|
MP Cost: 99
Quote: "Attack by the Master of commandments! Zodiac!"
- Elidibus's monster form is a combination of the man and a serpent, which is a reference to the shape of the Ophiuchus constellation, which inspired the thirteenth Zodiac Sign featured in Final Fantasy Tactics. Ophiuchus, also known as Serpentarius, is said to be shaped like a man grasping a serpent. Ophiuchus also appears in a sidequest of Final Fantasy IX.
- Zodiark's "Darkening Cloud" is also the title of Famfrit in Final Fantasy XII.
- The Aletap Rumor on Serpentarius is sourced to Eldea, Summoner (魔界幻士エリディア, makaigenshi Eridia?, lit. "Hell illusionist Elidia"). The original Japanese name of this character, Elidia, is very close to Elidibus, suggesting a reference.
- There is an unused job that is commonly believed both in the English and Japanese speaking communities to have been intended for a scrapped fight against Elidibus's human form before he transforms. The Playstation version names it Hell Magician (魔界幻師, makaigenshi?, lit. "Hell phantom master"), with a job command Phantom (幻獣, genjuu?, lit. "phantom beast") containing the following summons: Midgardsormr, Bahamut, Odin, Leviathan, and Salamander.
- The job of both the Elidia reference in FF12 and the dummied job is the same (although with a slight spelling difference).
|Final Fantasy Tactics Monsters|
|Chocobo - Goblin - Bomb - Panther - Mindflayer - Skeleton - Ghost - Ahriman - Aevis - Pig - Treant - Minotaur - Malboro - Behemoth - Dragon - Hydra|
|Archaeodaemon - Automaton - Byblos - Dark Dragon - Holy Dragon - Reaver - Ultima Demon|
|Cúchulainn the Impure - Belias the Gigas - Zalera the Death Seraph - Adrammelech the Wroth - Hashmal, Bringer of Order - Ultima the High Seraph - Elidibus the Legendary Wizard|