A subset of armor named "Machine" is partially named after Edgar's Tools: "Auto Crossbow" Armor, "Drill" Helm and "Chainsaw" Shield. However, the subset's weapon, Machine Gun, is not named after any of Edgar's Tools.
Edgar makes a cameo during the data install sequence. If the player repeatedly presses the during the install, Edgar and Sabin will drop from the top. In-game, he serves as a tutor in the manuals.
As the Machine Gun is now an exclusive weapon of Laguna's, the weapon has been renamed "Air Anchor", meaning that all of the "Machine" subset is now named after Edgar's.
The young king of Figaro is a consummate flirt, yet his heart is good and kind. When his brother Sabin wearied of the succession squabbles tearing their family apart, Edgar set him free - taking on the duties of the throne on the flip of a fixed coin.
Edgar appears as an unlockable character, and is unlocked by collecting Gold Crystal Shards. His appearance is based of his Yoshitaka Amano art, and wields the Chainsaw as his weapon.
He is an Offense, Defense, and Support oriented character.
|Armor Break (Lv1)||2||Initial|
|Weapon Break (Lv1)||3||Level 5|
|Focus (Lv1)||4||Level 10|
|Cheer (Lv1)||8||Level 15|
|Blink (Lv1)||5||Level 20|
|Spare Change||15||Level 25|
|Armor Break (Lv2)||7||Level 30|
|Weapon Break (Lv2)||6||Level 35|
|Focus (Lv2)||9||Level 45|
|Cheer (Lv2)||10||Level 50|
|Blink (Lv2)||10||Level 55|
|Armor Break (Lv3)||12||Level 65|
|Weapon Break (Lv3)||10||Level 70|
|Auto Potion||15||Level 80|
|Focus (Lv3)||15||Level 85|
|Cheer (Lv3)||12||Level 90|
|Blink (Lv3)||15||Level 95|
Edgar appears as a playable character. His initial weapon is the Heavy Lance.
Edgar is an ally and a summonable Legend. He is depicted in his Final Fantasy VI outfit. His EX ability is Drill.
- Ability Cards
- Legend Cards
The King of Figaro. Edgar breaks his alliance with the Gestahlian Empire and joins the Returners in their fight for freedom.
Edgar could first be recruited as a party member with his brother Sabin during the Challenge Event A Fateful Coin Toss, Ascension and Freedom. Both later appeared in Forgotten Bond and Two Sides of a Coin. Edgar was also recruitable upon completion of the Bonus Quest, "Complete Figaro Castle Elite (VI)".
Edgar is a Machinist whose combat role is Physical Defense.
Even in the world of Final Fantasy Record Keeper, the elder Figaro's expertise in weapons and machinery makes him the perfect counterpart to his brother. Cast as a Knight, Edgar has all the right ingredients in place for a party tank—high HP and Defense along with solid Attack and a broad range of combat skills. Native swords and spears carry his signature Tools, which can help him deal heavy damage to a single target or cripple an entire group. However, being unable to wield magic himself, Edgar will be heavily reliant on other party members for healing and support, a trait shared with the majority of Knights recruited here.
- Record Spheres
|Job||S.Lv 1||S.Lv 2||S.Lv 3||S.Lv 4||S.Lv 5|
|Warrior||+1 ATK||+70 HP||+1 DEF||+1 ATK||+2 ATK|
|Knight||+1 DEF||+1 ATK||+100 HP||+1 DEF||+2 DEF|
|Ranger||+1 DEF||+1 RES||+1 DEF||+60 HP||+2 ATK|
|Dragoon*Requires mastery of Warrior and Knight's Record Spheres.||+3 DEF||+4 ATK||+220 HP||+6 DEF||+3% Spear Damage|
|Paladin*Requires mastery of Knight's Record Sphere.||+3 DEF||+3 ATK||+5 DEF||+250 HP||+6% Knight Ability Damage|
|Cannoneer*Rquires mastery of Knight and Ranger's Record Spheres.||+3 ATK||+3 DEF||+150 HP||+6 ATK||+6% Machinist Ability Damage|
His default Soul Break is Auto Crossbow, which deals damage to all enemy targets at the expense of one Soul Gauge segment. The spear Partisan (VI) grants Edgar the Bioblaster. The spear Drill (VI) grants him the Drill.
He can equip accessories.
- 3★ - No. 0093: "A young man whose story is sung in a tale of espers and humans, from a distant world. King of the technologically advanced nation of Figaro and a brilliant engineer in his own right, he wields numeral unusual weapons of his own design. He is greatly beloved by his people, whose best interest he always keeps closest to his heart. He is also notorious as a ladies' man, quick to make advances on women of all ages and walks of life."
- 4★ - No. 0094: "A young man whose story is sung in a tale of espers and humans, from a distant world. King of the desert nation of Figaro, he is famed throughout the realm as a brilliant engineer and an equally shameless flirt. While maintaining a surface alliance with the Gestahlian Empire to protect his people, he secretly works with the Returners, awaiting the perfect moment to strike back at the evil regime. Upon encountering the young Terra and her prodigious magical powers, his battle with the Empire begins in earnest."
- —Entries for different versions of Edgar.
Edgar's stats at his highest levels are as follows, with no passive abilities taken into account*Actual stats may be higher:
|Rarity||Level||HP||MP||ATK||DEF||MAG||SPR||Attack Hits||Drop Check*Maximum LB crystals drop per hit|
|3★||40||1547 (+360)||70 (+40)||64 (+16)||59 (+16)||55 (+16)||56 (+16)||3||2|
|4★||60||1996 (+510)||90 (+65)||83 (+26)||76 (+26)||71 (+26)||73 (+26)||3||3|
Edgar can equip the following weapon types: daggers, swords, throwing and guns.
He can equip the following armor types: light shields, hats, helmets, clothes and light armors.
He can equip accessories.
- Limit Burst
|3★||Bravo Figaro||Base: Physical damage (2x) to one enemy.|
Max: Physical damage (2.45x) to one enemy.
|4★||King of Machines||Base: Physical damage (2.2x) to one enemy.|
Max: Physical damage (2.9x) to one enemy.
- Awakening Materials
|Allure Powder x20|
Esper Cryst x10
Quality Parts x8
Earth's Core x3
Sacred Crystal x3
King of Figaro, lord of its castle, and a hopeless ladies’ man. The twins’ first run-in with Edgar immediately throws his allegiances into question. Just whose side is he on?
Edgar appears as a supporting character. He serves as the King of Figaro and works alongside the Bahamutian Federation for reasons unknown.
- CV: Ray Chase / Shin-ichiro Miki
- Age in Grymoire: 27
- Notes: King of Figaro / Owns a big sand castle (sort of) / Loves the ladies / "The churl never gets the girl" / Voiced by a true FF fan
- An Eye for the Ladies
- Day after day, Edgar struggles with an ethical quagmire from which he just can't escape. On the one hand, he must flirt with all the ladies. On the other, he knows that this can be taken as rude, and one should never be rude to a lady. What to do?!
- Additionally, Edgar still hasn't quite decided where to draw the line between "girl" and "lady". It seems that Reynn falls into the former category, and not the latter.
- The Desert Castle
- Edgar's castle rose from the sands with a tremor and a roar. Although its chain-like leash might suggest the Federation had a hand in such a trick, Figaro Castle's ability to submerge is uniquely its own.
- First World of Origin
- FINAL FANTASY VI
Edgar appears on Triple Triad cards.