A subset of armor named "Machine" is partially named after Edgar's Tools: "Auto Crossbow" Armor, "Drill" Helm and "Chainsaw" Shield. However, the subset's weapon, Machine Gun, is not named after any of Edgar's Tools.
Edgar makes a cameo during the data install sequence. If the player repeatedly presses the during the install, Edgar and Sabin will drop from the top. In-game, he serves as a tutor in the manuals.
As the Machine Gun is now an exclusive weapon of Laguna's, the weapon has been renamed "Air Anchor", meaning that all of the "Machine" subset is now named after Edgar's.
Edgar is a playable character.
The young king of Figaro is a consummate flirt, yet his heart is good and kind. When his brother Sabin wearied of the succession squabbles tearing their family apart, Edgar set him free - taking on the duties of the throne on the flip of a fixed coin.
Edgar appears as an unlockable character, and is obtained by collecting Gold Crystal Shards. His appearance is based of his Yoshitaka Amano art, and wields the Chainsaw as his weapon.
Edgar has the smallest list of Proactive abilities, giving him emphasis on using his larger list of Reactive skills. Edgar can also be used as an effective fighter, though ultimately he is outclassed by stronger characters, and thus players may need to focus using him as an effective defense card.
Edgar appears as a playable character. His initial weapon is the Heavy Lance.
Edgar is an ally and a summonable Legend. He is depicted in his Final Fantasy VI outfit. His EX ability is Drill.
- Ability Cards
- Legend Cards
Edgar could first be recruited as a party member with his brother Sabin during the Challenge Event A Fateful Coin Toss - Ascension and Freedom. Both later appeared in Forgotten Bond and Two Sides of a Coin. Edgar was also recruitable upon completion of the Bonus Quest, "Complete Figaro Castle Elite (VI)".
Edgar appears as a character and summonable vision. He retains his original appearance. He serves as a character representative from Final Fantasy VI.
King of Figaro, lord of its castle, and a hopeless ladies’ man. The twins’ first run-in with Edgar immediately throws his allegiances into question. Just whose side is he on?
Edgar appears as a supporting character. He serves as the King of Figaro and works alongside the Bahamutian Federation for reasons unknown.
- Who's Who
- CV: Ray Chase / Shin-ichiro Miki
- Age in Grymoire: 27
- Notes: King of Figaro / Owns a big sand castle (sort of) / Loves the ladies / "The churl never gets the girl" / Voiced by a true FF fan
- An Eye for the Ladies
- Day after day, Edgar struggles with an ethical quagmire from which he just can't escape. On the one hand, he must flirt with all the ladies. On the other, he knows that this can be taken as rude, and one should never be rude to a lady. What to do?!
- Additionally, Edgar still hasn't quite decided where to draw the line between "girl" and "lady". It seems that Reynn falls into the former category, and not the latter.
- The Desert Castle
- Edgar's castle rose from the sands with a tremor and a roar. Although its chain-like leash might suggest the Federation had a hand in such a trick, Figaro Castle's ability to submerge is uniquely its own.
- First World of Origin
- FINAL FANTASY VI
Edgar makes an appearance as a card.
Edgar appears on Triple Triad cards.