East Ronfaure is an area in Final Fantasy XI. Part of the Ronfaure region, this lush evergreen forest, set aside by the d'Oraguille family for hunting festivals, lies to the east of the Kingdom of San d'Oria. Blessed by the abundant waters of the Cheval River, the wildlife in these woodlands has flourished for centuries.
Running through the entirety of East Ronfaure, the Cheval river is a beautiful sight to behold. The water bisecting the area is bridged at four locations throughout East Ronfaure, and the waters may be forded at several locations. The river also provides an excellent location for fishermen to ply their trade, should they choose.
The pugil NM Swamfisk can be found along the Cheval River.
- Position: (G-11)
This monument lies to the northwest of the entrance to King Ranperre's Tomb, placed by Gwynham Ironheart. The player must make a copy of the monument's inscription using clay and take it to Abelard in Selbina, along with the rest of the inscriptions of the monuments across the land. The monument reads:
- "These woods of Ronfaure have long been hunting grounds of the Elvaan royalty, and as such are maintained well.
I came here to see the bravery of the participants in the great autumn hunt, but sadly it was a somber ceremonial affair with little to see.
I am certain that this stems from the choice of quarry: no longer do they hunt fowl or deer. Rather, giant sheep are released expressly for the hunt.
As I write this, I pray that the gluttonous grazing of these voracious sheep does not destroy the delicate balance of life in these woods."
- —Gwynham Ironheart, 751 Crystal Era
- Position: (G-10), (H-5), (I-6)
These mysterious rifts are disturbances in the fabric of time and space. It is from here that extradimensional invaders of unknown origin, collectively known as "Voidwalkers", breach into Vana'diel. To stem the tide of invasion, adventurers may volunteer themselves in Voidwatch operations to dispatch these intruders at the source. The fiend Sarimanok can be found at the Planar Rifts here.
- Southern San d'Oria - (G-6)
- Gates in the northwestern corner of the area provide entry into the Kingdom of San d'Oria.
- West Ronfaure - (F-7), (F-9)
- Two paths in the west lead to West Ronfaure.
- King Ranperre's Tomb - (H-11), (J-11)
- An entrance to the tomb of the legendary Dragon King Ranperre. The entrance at (H-11) can only be reached from King Ranperre's Tomb as it is blocked by a cliff.
- Ranguemont Pass - (K-4)
- This pass is the sole method of land travel in this time known to take people into the icy Fauregandi region.
- East Ronfaure (S) - (H-5)
- An inanimate cavernous maw provides passage to any who possess a feather of the Goddess to the past.
- Smash the Orcish Scouts: The adventurer must defeat Orcish Fodder, located in West Ronfaure, East Ronfaure, Ghelsba Outpost, or La Theine Plateau, and retrieve an Orcish Axe as proof of the deed.
- Wild Rabbit
- Forest Hare
- Wild Sheep
- Scarab Beetle
- Forest Funguar
- Tunnel Worm
- Carrion Worm
- Orcish Fodder
- Orcish Grappler
- Orcish Mesmerizer
- Goblin Thug
- Goblin Fisher
- Goblin Digger
- Ding Bats*
- Mouse Bat*
- Enchanted Bones*
- Tainted Hound*
- Cheval Pugil*
- Fighting Pugil*
- Mud Pugil*
- Pug Pugil*
- Bigmouth Billy
- Gawky Gawain
- Quagmire Pugil
- Main article: Ronfaure (Theme)
East Ronfaure, like West Ronfaure, carries its eponymous theme as its background song. As this was one of the few tracks of Final Fantasy XI's original soundtrack to be composed by Nobuo Uematsu, it's also one of the few tracks to be played outside of the Final Fantasy XI community, and has gained popularity as a result.
When the player engages in battle in East Ronfaure alone, the "Battle Theme" plays. If the player engages in a battle with other party members, "Battle Theme #2" plays.