Very little is known about this variety of demon. At one time, only three types of Dvergr were known to exist, witnessed only by the most dedicated of adventurers. However, now that the adventurers of Vana'diel have explored Abyssea, two more varieties of Dvergr have been encounted. Seated upon metallic pedestals hovering above the ground, these demons hold sway over a number of possessed skulls with which they assault their target.
Dvergr are malicious creatures capable of inflicting curse, stun, and paralyze upon their assailants, and are also able to terrorize entire parties of attackers, among other deadly enfeebling maneuvers.
Dvergr are often seen guarding chests.
Notorious Monsters Edit
- King Goldemar
- Pandemonium Lamp
- Pandemonium Warden
Special Attacks Edit
- Bilgestorm: AoE damage, Attack down, Accuracy down, and Defense down. Only used when below 25% health.
- Cackle: AoE Magic Attack down, Magic Accuracy down, and Magic Defense down.
- Hellclap: Cone Attack damage and Weight.
- Hellsnap: AoE Stun.
- Necrobane: AoE Paralyze and Curse.
- Necropurge: AoE damage and Curse.
- Thundris Shriek: AoE Lightning damage and Terror.
The modern English noun dwarf descends from the Old English dwarȝ. It has a variety of cognates in other Germanic languages, including Old Norse dvergr.