|Yuna: Is it you? Or does he just look like you?|
|It has been suggested that this article or section be split.|
Further discussion should take place at this article's talk page.
Casts equipped magic twice in succession.
Dualcast is an augment ability in the Nintendo DS version. It is obtained by speaking with the Mysidian Elder if the player gave three augment abilities to Palom and Porom before they leave the party, with each twin having at least one ability each. Dualcast is compatible with Black and White Magic, but not with Summon Magic.
The ability Dualcast can be extracted from the Dark Crystal on the 15th floor of the Depths. The ability is acquired by defeating the optional boss Deathgaze, and can only be learned by Palom, Porom, or Leonora. Dualcast's Charge Time equals the average × 1.2 magic of both spells. In the iOS version, the ability is extracted from the Dark Crystal which is extracted from Lunar Dragon instead.
Cast two spells back-to-back.
Dualcast is the Red Mage's level 4 ability. Dualcast notably works with all types of magic, except Blue Magic and Dark Arts. However, these magic types must still be equipped to be used with Dualcast. Because it is a form of Red Magic, Dualcast on its own gives access to the first three levels of White and Black magic spells without the character having any other magic types equipped.
It is also one of two abilities that costs 999 ABP to learn, the other being Mimic. The only drawback is that, to cast, for example, one Time Magic spell and one Summon, the character must be in the Mime job, sacrificing Attack and Items commands. Dualcast will give the character base Freelancer Magic +8.
Dualcast is affected by the "Mix and X-Magic glitch".
Dualcast is an Independent Materia bought from the Network Shop Shade and found in a chest during mission 9-4-1. When any Magic Materia is used while Dualcast is equipped, it is cast twice in succession.
Doublecast is a Special ability that allows a character to cast two Black Magic spells in a row. It is located in Lulu's section of the Sphere Grid, but several locks must be passed first. In the Expert Sphere Grid, it is the final ability on Lulu's path.
- Allows rapid spellcasting.
- Obtained: Red Mage Level 1
- Recast Time: 1 hour
- Duration: 1 minute
- While active, all spells cast will have zero casting time, other than the casting animation. This applies even for spells that aren't normally available to Red Mage, such as Ninjutsu, if utilizing a Ninja subjob. However, spells still cannot be cast non-stop: there is an approximate 2.5-3 second delay after casting a spell before the player is able to start casting another one, and Chainspell still does not remove that delay.
- All spells cast while this ability is active will have their recast timers reduced to zero as well, meaning that the same spell can be immediately cast again if so desired and if MP permits (following the natural delay between spells). However, the activation of Chainspell does not cause any spells that are already recharging to immediately become available.
- MP costs of spells used while under Chainspell's effect are not reduced or affected in any other way. Due to the likely high amounts of spells cast in a short period of time, the Red Mage must ensure that he or she has sufficient MP to cast everything intended when engaging the ability.
- The rate at which consecutive spells can be cast is also hindered slightly by the previous spell's animation.
Most popular spells for ChainspellingEdit
- Stun: To keep a powerful enemy constantly locked in stasis.
- Cure IV or other Healing Magic: To prevent otherwise certain KO.
- Raise: To get large groups back on their feet. Raise's long casting and recast time will be negated, allowing a very fast recovery from a wipe.
- Reraise: To instantly cast Reraise before being KO'd.
- Utsusemi: Ichi or Utsusemi: Ni: To prevent the Red Mage's death by reducing the cast and recast times of these valuable spells to zero.
- Drain and Aspir: To very quickly restore the Red Mage's HP or MP while reducing the HP or MP of an enemy.
Chain Magick is an enemy-exclusive ability. Upon casting it will grant the user zero Charge Time of any subsequent spell casting. However, one must wait for the action animation ends before proceeding the next action, this can be further prolonged when the Effect Capacity is saturated.
Dualcast (sometimes called Chainspell) is a key trait of the Red Mage available at all levels. Upon casting any spell with a casting time, the player will gain the Dualcast effect, allowing them to instantly cast their next spell. This effect will be canceled if any weaponskill or non-spellcasting action is used instead.
Cast two spells in quick succession.
Doublecast is learned by Red Mages via the Madu. When used, it allows the unit to cast two spells from both of the A-Ability sets if possible. Doublecast works with White, Black, Summon, Spirit Magic, as well as certain Corner abilities. Doublecast can also be used to avoid some elemental, skillset, and Dmg2 laws because Doublecast is seen by the game as a non-aggressive, non-elemental, Red Magic ability. It is also one of few abilities to cost 999 AP to master.
Doublecast is again learned by the Red Mage for 990 AP via the Madu rapier. The game mechanics for it have changed, though; it is more sensitive to laws than its incarnation in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Though specific skillset laws have been abolished, the spells used in Doublecast will be sensitive to elemental laws.
Twinspell (ツインマジック, Tsuin Majikku?, lit. Twin Magic) is defined by the ability of equipping two magical attacks to one character. Rem is credited for having this ability by default but it can be learned by all playable characters.
Doublecast is the level 20 ability of the Red Mage class, which allows the user to cast 2 spells of any equipped spell sets set on the character. If the character has no magic commands, Doublecast will display nothing instead. It requires 2 slots in order to equip and use.
Terra's ability "Chainspell" returns as her ability in EX Mode as well as Regen, Critical Boost, and Glide.
Doublecast comes in the form of Soul Breaks. Red Mage has Doublecast Fire as his default Soul Break, and can learn Doublecast Thunder when equipped with the Feathered Hat (III). Vivi can learn Doublecast Venom from Oaken Staff (IX) and Doublecast Meteorite from the Cypress Pine (IX)
Use magic twice in onw turn
Appearing alongside Dual Black Magic, Dualcast (れんぞくま, Renzokuma?) is an active special ability that allows its caster to use any of three magic types—White Magic, Black Magic and Green Magic—twice in one turn. Whilte it costs 0 MP, the caster's MP will decrease in accordance to the sum of the spells' cost: for example, Curaja (which upon normal casting conditions costs 15 MP) would cost 30 MP to cast twice.
A Dualcast materia is Ludmille's Trust Master reward; upon obtaining it, it can be equipped to any unit, although it will favor Mage-type units. Dualcast can also be learned by a few units, among them Krile (at Level 60, 4★), Rem*Currently, a Japan-exclusive unit. (at Level 80, 5★) and Marie*Currently, a Japan-exclusive unit. (at Level 83, 6★).