Dorgann is Bartz's father and raised Bartz alone after the death of his wife, Stella. According to Bartz, Dorgann kept many secrets from his son. After Stella's death, they moved around until Dorgann fell terminally ill and died three years ago. His final wishes were to be buried next to his wife and for Bartz to explore the world.
Dorgann was a member of the Warriors of Dawn from another world, who had sealed the evil sorcerer Exdeath thirty years ago. Dorgann opted to remain on Bartz's world to watch Exdeath's seal while the other three Warriors returned to their world. Along with the other three warriors, Dorgann appears at the end of the Interdimensional Rift to give the new generation of Warriors, the Warriors of Light of which Bartz is a member of, the strength to fight and destroy Exdeath once and for all.
One of the four Warriors of Dawn who came from another world and imprisoned the sorcerer Exdeath. Remaining behind to ensure the sorcerer did not escape, he met a woman, Stella, and with her had a child, Bartz.
Dorgann is a Dawn Warrior, whose combat role is Physical Attack.
- Record Spheres
|Sphere||S.Lv 1||S.Lv 2||S.Lv 3||S.Lv 4||S.Lv 5|
|Warrior||+1 ATK||+70 HP||+1 DEF||+1 ATK||+2 ATK|
|Knight||+1 DEF||+1 ATK||+100 HP||+1 DEF||+3% Knight Ability Damage|
|Red Mage||+1 ATK||+1 DEF||+1 ATK||+60 HP||+2 DEF|
|Gladiator*Requires mastery of Warrior's Record Sphere.||+3 ATK||+3 DEF||+200 HP||+4 ATK||+3% Sword Damage|
|Paladin*Requires mastery of Warrior and Knight's Record Spheres.||+3 DEF||+3 ATK||+4 DEF||+250 HP||+6% Knight Ability Damage|
|Spellblade*Requires mastery of Knight and Red Mage's Record Spheres.||+3 ATK||+3 DEF||+170 HP||+5 ATK||+6 ATK|
|Aegis Strike||Use 6★ Knight Abilities||Aegis Strike||+3% Knight Ability Damage||—||—|
Dorgann can use Spellblade abilities up to rarity rank 3, Combat abilities up to rarity rank 5, Support abilities up to rarity rank 4, Knight abilities up to rarity rank 5, and Samurai abilities up to rarity rank 2.
His default Soul Break is Shirahadori, which at the expense of one Soul Gauge segment temporarily lowers the Defense of one target a small amount a raises the user's Attack and small amount.
He can equip accessories.
Dorgann has a single card part of the Shine set.
Klauser is a German family name derived from the medieval given name Klaus, short for Niklaus or Nicholaus, which means "people's victory".
- In the GBA/PSP/iOS remakes of the original Final Fantasy, Drogan is one of the automatic names the player can choose for the Monk job.
- In Dissidia Final Fantasy, the artwork for Bartz is in the same pose as Dorgann's original artwork. In addition, one of Bartz's exclusive weapons, Dorgann's Blade, is named after him.
- The sword Dorgann is wielding in his Yoshitaka Amano artwork is similar to one of the swords seen in the Onion Knight art from Final Fantasy III.
- Final Fantasy XII features an airship model named Durga. It is a Dalmascan carrier ship called Dug, appearing at the opening cinematic.
- Dorgann, along with the other Dawn Warriors, has a trophy/achievement named after him in Final Fantasy XIII, "Dorgann's Trophy".