Dive In was a subscription-based cloud-streaming service from Square Enix, which launched on October 9, 2014 in Japan. Powered by Finnish/Japanese cloud-services startup G-Cluster with the same framework that backed its eponymous streaming services, Dive In allowed the streaming of various Square Enix games to iOS and Android devices with access to a Wi-Fi connection of at least 3Mb/s. Each game came with a free 30-minute trial. Users could purchase access to a game for 3 days, 10 days, 30 days, or a full year.
The service was shut down in less than a year, on September 13, 2015. Users who had purchased a one-year subscription to a game were refunded the full amount in Crysta, regardless of how much time was left on their subscription.
List of Final Fantasy games that were availableEdit
- Final Fantasy XIII: available at launch.
- Price: 250 yen for 3 days, 510 yen for 10 days, 1250 yen for 30 days, or 1800 yen for one year.
- Final Fantasy VII International: available at launch.
- Price: 200 yen for 3 days, 400 yen for 10 days, 1000 yen for 30 days, or 1429 yen for one year.
- Final Fantasy VIII: available from November 2014.
- Final Fantasy XIII-2: available from December 2014.
- The PC version of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII was planned to be made available, but the service was canceled before the game was finished.