Disciplines are the foundation of the Armory System in Final Fantasy XIV. There are four different base disciplines: War, Magic, Land, and Hand. Each different discipline can divide into several classes. Your class changes whenever you equip a different weapon, with each specific class having different weapons they use.
Disciples of WarEdit
The Disciplines of War are disciplines revolving around physical combat.
- Archer (bows)
- Gladiator (one-handed swords and shields)
- Lancer (spears and lances)
- Marauder (two-handed axes)
- Pugilist (claws and metal knuckles)
Disciples of MagicEdit
The Disciplines of Magic specialize in using magic for combat rather than physical attacks.
Disciples of LandEdit
The Disciplines of Land use tools in order to carve materials from the earth for use in crafting.
Disciples of HandEdit
The Disciplines of Hand use basic materials found on monsters or by Disciples of Land in order to create new objects.
- Alchemist (alembics)
- Armorer (raising hammers)
- Blacksmith (cross-pein hammers)
- Carpenter (handsaws)
- Culinarian (skillets)
- Goldsmith (chaser hammers)
- Leatherworker (headknives)
- Weaver (needles)
- One of the disciplines of magic, Thaumaturge, is also the name of Golbez's fighting style in Dissidia Final Fantasy.
|Final Fantasy XIV Disciplines and Jobs|
|Disciples of War|
|Archer (Bard) - Gladiator (Paladin) - Lancer (Dragoon) - Marauder (Warrior) - Pugilist (Monk)|
|Disciples of Magic|
|Arcanist (Summoner, Scholar) - Conjurer (White Mage) - Thaumaturge (Black Mage)|
|Disciples of the Land|
|Botanist - Fisher - Miner|
|Disciples of the Hand|
|Alchemist - Armorer - Blacksmith - Carpenter - Culinarian - Goldsmith - Leatherworker - Weaver|