The Deathscythe is a Rank VI Mark in Final Fantasy XII. The hunt can be undertaken after the storyline events in Draklor Laboratory are complete. Deathscythe can be found in the Cloister of the Highborn area of the Necrohol of Nabudis.
To spawn Deathscythe, the player must simply go to the Cloister of the Highborn and reduce one character's health to less than 10%. If it does not spawn the Deathscythe, the player must reduce a second character's HP to less than 10%. Unlike Dustia, who uses a similar method to spawn, it is not required to reduce the character(s) HP below 10% before entering the area.
Clan Primer Edit
Hunt 25: Dead City Watch Edit
- Petitioner: Popol
- Petitioner's Location: Nalbina Fortress
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of a Deathscythe (Rank VI). The petitioner is Popol in the Jajim Bazaar in Nalbina.
- Hunt accepted. Popol has been plagued by the Deathscythe ever since a grave-robbing expedition to the Necrohol of Nabudis. The Deathscythe can be found there.
- Deathscythe defeated! Report to Popol in the Jajim Bazaar in Nalbina.
- Hunt reported to Popol. He promises to mend his grave-robbing ways. Instead, he will resume his former life as a smith, in honor of his colleague who died in the war.
Bestiary entry Edit
Being a Reaper born of the abiding Regret and Lust for vengeance felt by those warriors who Perished in the destruction of Nabudis. It remembers its Patriotism even in Undeath, and so appears in Dreams, speaking words of Doom to those who would Disturb the Palace. The Merchant Popol who most unwisely looted a Corpse in the Necrohol has issued a Bill for this Mark so that he might again know Sleep's sweet embrace.
The party can block the Deathscythe's physical attacks with shields until the mark loses half of its HP, at which point it gains Ignore Evade. It will erect a Magick Wall at this time, preventing physical damage for two minutes. After the Magick Wall falls and Deathscythe's HP hits Critical levels, its defense will increase, likely halving whatever damage that would have been done.
The player should first inflict Berserk and Blind on it and attack until the status effects wear off and it uses Magick Wall. The party can then cast Reflect on themselves and use Curaja to barrage the Deathscythe.
Power Armlets immunize against Stop. Having the MP-restoring augments and Remedy Lore augments from the License Board will help. Having a Holy Lance is a nice way to end the battle quickly, given the mark's weakness to Holy (Holy Lances can be bought from Balfonheim Port in the Zodiac versions). Using the Nihopalaoa+Remedy trick will render the mark unable to cast spells, become immobile, and Blind, so it will miss often with physical attacks.
Grim Reaper. This stems mainly from the Christian Biblical belief of death as a "harvester of souls".Deathscythe refers to the large scythe appearing in the hands of the
- According to Ma'kenroh in the Clan Hall, Deathscythe is a coward, and always preys on the weak.