- “An outlaw who terrorizes the skies with its massive wings.”
- —Dissidia Final Fantasy Summon Compendium
Deathgaze (デスゲイズ, Desugeizu?), also known as Death Gaze, Doom Gaze, Deathguise and Grim Gaze, is a recurring boss in the Final Fantasy series. It usually appears as a flying winged creature with skeletal features. Its attacks and abilities vary highly between each appearance, but it usually has a large repertoire of magical and physical attacks. Also, as the name suggests, it often has access to an instant death ability, like Death, Kill, and Level 5 Death. Though it always fights for evil, its motives are never explained.
- Main article: Death Gaze (Final Fantasy)
The Death Gaze appears in the GBA/PSP/iOS versions of the original Final Fantasy in reference to its original appearance in Final Fantasy VI. It is the last boss fought on the Whisperwind Cove bonus dungeon.
- Main article: Deathgaze (The After Years)
- Main article: Deathgaze (Final Fantasy VI)
- Main article: Deathgaze (Crisis Core)
Deathgaze is an Ahriman type enemy in Crisis Core.
- Main article: Deathguise
- Main article: Grim Gaze (Final Fantasy X-2)
Grim Gaze (Death Gaze in the Japanese version) is an enemy in Final Fantasy X-2. It attacks with supersonic waves.
- Main article: Deathgaze (Final Fantasy XII)
The Deathgaze is an Elite Mark from Final Fantasy XII. It is fought on Skyferry's deck. Unlike other appearances, this time Deathgaze uses the design of an ordinary dragon (more specifically a Plate Wyrm) and does not fly in battle.
- Main article: Deathgaze (Final Fantasy XIII-2)
Deathgaze is a rare enemy found in rifts in Yaschas Massif -100 AF-. It is of the wyvern family, resembling an albino member of the species. It uses its abilities to daze and weaken a single target, following with Feeding Stoop in order to inflict extra damage.
- Main article: Deathgaze (Echoes of Time)
Deathgaze is a summon that casts Level 5 Death, which causes a Bravery Break to the opponent if his Bravery value is a multiple of five. The artwork used for the summon is from Final Fantasy IX. Deathgaze can be obtained as a Stage Bonus on the Destiny Odyssey VI storyline.
Deathgaze appears as an enemy in Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, similar in appearance to its original form in Final Fantasy VI and its related appearances.
Deathgaze appears in Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade as an enemy during an event called "Deathgaze's Onslaught".
- “An airship and this winged dread would truly make for a nightmare at 20,000 fulms.”
Deathgaze in his Theatrhythm Final Fantasy appearance has a wind-elemental card in the Final Fantasy Trading Card Game.