The Death Claw (デスクロー, Desukurō?), also known as Deathclaw, is a recurring enemy in the Final Fantasy series. It is usually a anthropomorphic, six-armed insectoid enemy with spikes at the end of each limb. The Iron Claw (アイアンクロー, Aiankurō?) is a common palette-swap of the Death Claw. Iron Claws share most traits with the Death Claw and usually only vary in their strength. The Death Claw family first appeared as high-level monsters in Final Fantasy III.
- Main article: Death Claw (Final Fantasy III)
- Main article: Death Claw (Final Fantasy V)
- Main article: Death Claw (Final Fantasy VII)
Death Claws can be found at the desert near Corel Prison. They seem to have a skull for a head and the bones of the spine protrude through the skin.
- Main article: Death Claw (Before Crisis)
- Main article: Death Claw (Crisis Core)
- Main article: Death Claw (Final Fantasy VIII)
Death Claws can be found on the world map around Centra and inside the Galbadia Garden. In this version, Death Claws have a more mammalian appearance. In the Japanese version of the game, the Death Claw does not use the same name as other enemies of the same name in the series. The katakana is instead literally translated as "Wild Hook".
- Main article: Deathclaw (Final Fantasy XII)
Mantises known as Deathclaws can be found on the Ridorana Cataract in Final Fantasy XII.
Deathclaws are planned to be added on Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.