|Dagger: Mother, is that really that truth?|
This article needs additional citations for verification.
|Final Fantasy XII Mark|
|ダークスティール (Dāku Sutīru)|
|Location||Sochen Cave Palace (Temptation Eluded)|
|Common Steal||Eye Drops|
|Uncommon Steal||Aged Turtle Shell|
|Rare Steal||Ancient Turtle Shell|
|Very Rare Drop||None|
|Canopic Jar Drop||None|
|Attacks||Attack (11-hit max, may inflict Slow), Flatten, Power Spin|
|Abilities||Protect, Purify, Darkra, Restore, Stone Gaze, Meditate|
|Innate abilities||Safety, Null Knockback, Piercing Magic, Null Evade, Focus, Adrenaline, Attack Plus|
If HP <20% - Magic CT = 0
|Immune to||Death, Petrify, Stop, Doom, Confuse, Sleep, Reverse, Disable, Immobilize, Silence, Oil, Sap, Lure, Berserk, Warp, Fractional Damage, Sight Unseeing, Syphon, Numerology, Charm, Achilles, Wither, Addle|
|Other Information||Has Protect, Shell, and Bravery.|
The Darksteel is a Rank IV Mark from Final Fantasy XII. It becomes available upon reaching Imperial City of Archades. The Darksteel can be found in the Temptation Eluded area of the Sochen Cave Palace. All of the enemies will be cleared out of this area when the player enters it.
Hunt 20: Shelled ObstructionEdit
- Petitioner: Homesick Man
- Petitioner's Location: Archades (armor shop)
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of a darksteel (Rank IV). The petitioner is the homesick man at Vint's Armaments in Archades.
- Hunt accepted. The homesick man tells you that a fiendish creature prevents him from returning to his homeland of Balfonheim. This darksteel is to be found in the Sochen Cave Palace.
- Darksteel defeated! Report to the homesick man at Vint's Armaments in Archades.
- Hunt reported to the homesick man. He was overjoyed at the prospect of being able to return home. However, though the darksteel be no more, there are plenty of other nasties in the Sochen Cave Palace. The petitioner wisely intends to purchase extra arms and armor before making the journey.
- Genus: Rank IV Mark
- Classification: Titantoise
- “Being a Variety of Titantoise, so Rare as to be near Extinction, having a great Shell. Its destructive Nature and violent Tendencies toward Man and other Creatures - practically Anything standing is its Way - have earned it a Reputation among Travelers as a Scourge. Thus did an anxious wayfarer post a Bill for this Mark.”
The Darksteel absorbs Dark damage and when it is almost dead, it will start casting Darkga for every attack and its Speed increases. The player can equip Black Masks or Demon Shields to counteract this assault. If the player uses the Nihopalaoa+Remedy trick Darksteel will be inflicted with multiple statuses.
The player should begin the battle by casting Dispel to remove the Darksteel's buffs. There is a method one can use to defeat Darksteel without taking damage by equipping ranged weapons on all characters, and attacking Darksteel while running away from him at the same time and he will be too slow to catch up. There is a glitch that may occur after using Dispel and the Nihopalaoa+Remedy trick and attempting to steal from it while the Thief's Cuffs are equipped. The Mark will be defeated instantly. While it is extremely unlikely, it can occur.