The Cultsworn Lich is a Rare Game enemy found in Tomb of Raithwall in Final Fantasy XII. It is a stronger version of Lich. It is also fought optionally in the Zodiac versions' Trial Mode in Stage 9 alongside three Liches, where Cultsworn Lich appears by going to the right as the character faces the door. Armor can be stolen from it at the trial: Golden Shield (common), Flame Shield (uncommon) and Lamia's Tiara (rare).
Bestiary entry Edit
Lich transformed by a seething hatred into something far darker and more powerful. This strain, as yet unrecorded in the Camp annals, is hunted in the Tomb of Raithwall.
Within the Tomb of Raithwall, upon entering Southfall Passage, the player must find a Lich and fight it, but not kill it. By lowering its HP to HP Critical it will be prompted to use Divide, spawning another Lich. There is a 20% chance the spawned Lich will be the Cultsworn Lich. Spawned Lich will only divide once and divided Lich will not divide.
Higher level characters may have difficulty in reducing a Lich's HP without killing it. 1000 Needles is a perfect technick for this, as Lich have approximately 1,100 HP—using 1000 Needles will whittle the Lich down into critical without killing it. On the magick side of things, Gravity, especially cast by those with poor casting ability, is useful. If necessary, the Lich can be Silenced, Slowed, Stopped, Disabled, and/or Immobilized when weakened so the team can heal themselves while waiting for the divide process to be successful.
Whichever attack the player chooses to get the Lich's HP critical, here's a good tactic:
- The player should turn off Raise gambits or change condition to a single controllable ally.
- The player should kill any guests in the original version. In the Zodiac versions guests and their gambits can be controlled.
- Some allies should be ready for battle with the living opponents, while some with undead.
- The regular foe gambit condition should be "Foe: dark-vulnerable".
- For the new (undead) type, the foe gambit condition should be "Foe: holy-weak" and the action to the attack of the player's choosing (i.e.: 1000 Needles).
- Still the same type, to ensure to not finish the undead so it remains HP critical, one should add a gambit before the attack one with the condition "Foe: HP < 1,000" and the action to something non-damaging, such as Steal.
lich is a type of undead creature. Often such a creature is the result of a transformation, as a powerful magician or king striving for eternal life uses spells or rituals to bind his intellect to his animated corpse and thereby achieve a form of immortality.In fantasy fiction, a