Crystal Bearers are a group of people in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers. They are people with magically infused pieces of Crystal inside their bodies, this crystal grants its owner a specific magical power triggered through mental focus, sometimes using physical movements to facilitate telekinetic control over this power. A Bearers' magic power is somewhat unique for each one of them, ranging from the control of a specific element of nature to the ability to reshape matter and even the power to bend time or space.
Usually Crystal Bearers are born already with their powers, but Jegran became a Crystal Bearer after an accident with a Crystal Reactor causing his arm to crystallize and his own powers to develop. Crystal Bearers appeared soon after the destruction of the Yuke Crystal, and the subsequent disappearance of the Yuke tribe. They never appeared in large enough numbers to unite, so most Crystal Bearers did as they pleased with their powers.
Though, with Arcane Arts deemed to be illegal after the war with the Yukes, it stood to reason that magic users of any kind were threats to society and Crystal Bearers were discriminated against by the majority of the populace because of that. However, as Jegran theorized, Crystal Bearers are those who are chosen by the Crystal Principle for a noble purpose which he believed only he was accomplishing. Jegran also uncovered that Crystal Reactors can greatly enhance a Bearer's powers.
- Layle: Controls the power of gravity. His crystal shard is embedded in his right cheek.
- Amidatelion: Has the power to create portals through which she can summon monsters, as well as avoid or redirect attacks, and even cross dimensions. Her crystal is embedded in her spine.
- Blaze: Has pyrokinetic powers. His crystal is in his right eye.
- Jegran: He has the power of crystallization. His crystal completely covers his right forearm.
- Althea: Bearing an emblem shaped crystal above her chest, little is known of her powers, other than her ability to create defenses against any attack on herself or others.