The Croakadile is a Rank II Mark in Final Fantasy XII. It is the eleventh mark mentioned in the Clan Primer and becomes available after obtaining the Dawn Shard in the storyline. It is found on the Starfall Field area of the Giza Plains during the Rains near a bridge. It is likely to be the only enemy in the area. It is also fought in the International Zodiac Job System trial mode at stage 11.
Clan Primer Edit
Hunt 11: A Ring in the Rain Edit
- Petitioner: Sadeen
- Petitioner's Location: Giza Plains (the Rains)
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of a croakadile (Rank II). The petitioner is Sadeen in the nomad village in the Giza Plains during the Rains.
- Hunt accepted. Sadeen tells you that a croakadile swallowed a ring which was very important to him. The croakadile is to be found near a bridge in the Giza Plains.
- Croakadile defeated, and the ring found! Report to Sadeen in the nomad village in the Giza Plains during the Rains.
- Hunt reported, upon which Sadeen requested the ring be delivered to one of the nomad women. She should return to the village during the Dry.
Bestiary entry Edit
Once found over much of Ivalice, its Numbers suffered greatly during the Time of the Glaciers, when the Animal Population dwindled, starving it of the large Volume of Food necessary to support its massive Bulk. This Specimen mistook a Ring for its favorite Morsel, the glittering Glowworm, and so did the Ring's former Owner post this Bill.
One strategy is to immediately summon Belias and start casting Fire spells after he leaves. Croakadile will use Growing Threat after having lost 60% of its HP, which doubles its level. If the player wanders off its range Croakadile will use Renew to fully restore its health.
Its Angelsong bestows Regen, which can rapidly restore its HP if left unchecked. With proper healing, Belias will be able to kill it by himself. Quickening chains also help. Equipping Nishijin Belts protects against its Sleep, which is likely the most hazardous status it can inflict.
Spreading the party out makes sure the Aqua Bubbles attack won't hit everyone at once. The mark is easier if the Nihopalaoa accessory is available, as Croakadile can be blinded, slowed, immobilized and silenced with Remedy.
The player will also receive the Ring of the Toad after the battle, which Sadeen asks the player to take to Elder Brunoa in the nomad village in the Giza Plains during the Dry. When the player gives her the ring, Elder Brunoa will tell the story of Sadeen. Encountering Sadeen during the Rains again will reveal the truth. Doing this won't get the player any additional rewards, however.
The name is a portmanteau of "croak", a sound a frog makes, and "crocodile".