|Final Fantasy XII Mark|
|Location||Giza Plains (Starfall Field)|
|Uncommon Steal||Pointed Horn|
|Rare Steal||Aries Gem|
|Very Rare Drop||None|
|Canopic Jar Drop||None|
|Attacks||Attack (8-hit max, may inflict Sleep), Gnaw, Aqua Bubbles|
|Abilities||Angelsong, Growing Threat, Renew|
|Innate abilities||Safety, Adrenaline, Counter Plus|
If HP <50% - Parry
|Immune to||All But Silence, Immobilize, Disease, Blind, Slow|
|Other Information||Has 100% Shell, Bravery|
The Croakadile is a Rank II Mark in Final Fantasy XII. It is the eleventh mark mentioned in the Clan Primer and becomes available after obtaining the Dawn Shard in the storyline. It is found on the Starfall Field area of the Giza Plains during the Rains near a bridge. It is likely to be the only enemy in the area. It is also fought in the International Zodiac Job System trial mode at stage 11.
Hunt 11: A Ring in the RainEdit
- Petitioner: Sadeen
- Petitioner's Location: Giza Plains (the Rains)
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of a croakadile (Rank II). The petitioner is Sadeen in the nomad village in the Giza Plains during the Rains.
- Hunt accepted. Sadeen tells you that a croakadile swallowed a ring which was very important to him. The croakadile is to be found near a bridge in the Giza Plains.
- Croakadile defeated, and the ring found! Report to Sadeen in the nomad village in the Giza Plains during the Rains.
- Hunt reported, upon which Sadeen requested the ring be delivered to one of the nomad women. She should return to the village during the Dry.
- Genus: Rank II Mark
- Classification: Mutant Lizard
- “Once found over much of Ivalice, its Numbers suffered greatly during the Time of the Glaciers, when the Animal Population dwindled, starving it of the large Volume of Food necessary to support its massive Bulk. This Specimen mistook a Ring for its favorite Morsel, the glittering Glowworm, and so did the Ring's former Owner post this Bill.”
One strategy is to immediately summon Belias and after he leaves, go about casting Fire spells. Croakadile will use Growing Threat after having lost 60% of its HP, which doubles his level. If the player wanders off its range Croakadile will use Renew, which fully restores his health.
His Angelsong bestows Regen, which can rapidly restore its HP if left unchecked. With proper healing, Belias will be able to kill it by himself. Quickening chains also help. Equipping Nishijin Belts protects against its Sleep, which is likely the most hazardous status it can inflict.
Spreading the party out makes sure the Aqua Bubbles attack won't hit everyone at once. The mark is easier if the Nihopalaoa accessory is available, as it can be Blinded, Slowed, Immobilized, and Silenced with Remedy.
The player will also receive the Ring of the Toad after the battle, which Sadeen asks the player to take to Elder Brunoa in the nomad village in the Giza Plains during the Dry. When the player gives her the ring, Elder Brunoa will tell the story of Sadeen. Encountering Sadeen during the Rains again will reveal the truth. Doing this won't get the player any additional rewards, however.