The final sidequest for Cindy Aurum sends the party to Crestholm Channels to find a part for the Regalia. The map is not much use for finding it, but the part is in a crossroads, behind a door, late into the dungeon. It has a sealed door as part of the Menace Beneath Lucis post game sidequest. The monoliths in its depths describe how a king of Lucis sealed a monster that petrified the Ostium region of Leide down there.
In Ostium Gorge near the Crown City blockade, on a table among some rubble.
- Flood control facility once under direct control of the royal family. The series of pipeways boasts the same processing power as the sewage system of Insomnia, utilizing the same advanced technology.
- First, the channels would collect rainwater, groundwater, and industrial wastewater from the area around Ostium Gorge. The water was then processed and preserved as a valuable natural resource for the notoriously arid Leide region. With the reduction of the Wall, however, also came a release from the royal control, and the facility soon ceased operations.
- At present, the sewers serve as a nesting ground for beasts and daemons that presumably snuck in through the cracks in the now-defunct pipelines. Freshwater fish that flooded into Crestholm have also formed their own ecosystem in the reservoir above ground, a pool known as the sole fishing hole in the whole Leiden mainland.
- Mythril Shaft x3
- Rusted Bit x2
- Oracle Ascension Coin
- Red Choker (Map)
- Chrome Bit
- Elixir x2
- Moogle Charm (Map)
- Target Scope (Map; Must be LV35+)
- Friendship Band (Must be LV35+)
- Iron Shavings
- Wyvern Lance (Map)
- Ruby Bracelet (25% chance; by the third control panel Map)
- Hero's Shield
- Blood Sword (right before the end boss; Map)
- Earth Pendant (Map)
Ever Illustrious RegaliaEdit
Cindy Aurum's final regular quest is to send the party to the depths of Crestholm Channels to find special headlights that stave off daemons when on the road. The headlights are found near the end of the dungeon. The circle on the map is not much help for finding them; it is better to keep going deeper and discovering new areas until coming to a narrow corridor where the treasure is shining gold on a box on the floor.
|The Ever Illustrious Regalia||Crestholm Channels||Complete "The Ever Valorous Regalia"||3,000 EXP, Enhanced Headlights components|
Scraps of Mystery IVEdit
The treasure is in the Crestholm Channels dungeon, which has the suggested level of 50, although the player can enter any time. From the Esterleiden Blockade parking spot (guarded by imperials), the player should head through the gate to the end of the road. The map is behind the red barriers in the southwest corner.
At the nearby Crestholm Channels sewers entrance, the player should follow the passage and climb the steps at the end, turn right at the top, turn left at the next junction, drop down to the area below, go right, and right again, climb the ramp, descend the corridor, turn left, turn right at the metal bars, drop down through the gap at the end, turn right, and in the four-way junction enter the door ahead: the treasure is to the left by the wall.
|Serpent of the Abyss||Hammerhead||1||Jormungand x1||Crestholm Channels (All Times)||58||16,560 gil, Ruby Bracelet||★★★★|
The hunt becomes available at Hammerhead after the player has defeated the boss at the sewers' depths.
- Target Scope and Friendship Band accessories can be picked up at Crestholm Channels, but they only spawn when the player is level 35 or higher. This is the only time in the game where the player's level affects loot that spawn on the field.
- Crestholm Channels is one of the few areas in the game that has ladders for the player to climb. Gladiolus, Ignis and Prompto initially did not climb ladders, and simply appeared at the top after Noctis was done climbing. The ability for them to climb was added in patch 1.21.