|Cid: Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Crestholm Channels page!|
|Please expand this article into a full one. The following tasks need to be completed:This request can be discussed on the associated discussion page. Remove this notice upon completion.|
The final sidequest for Cindy Aurum sends the party to Crestholm Channels to find a part for the Regalia. The map is not much use for finding it, but the part is in a crossroads, behind a door, late into the dungeon. It has a sealed door as part of the Menace Beneath Lucis post game sidequest. The monoliths in its depths describe how a king of Lucis sealed a monster that petrified the Ostium region of Leide down there.
In Ostium Gorge near the Crown City blockade, on a table among some rubble.
- Flood control facility once under direct control of the royal family. The series of pipeways boasts the same processing power as the sewage system of Insomnia, utilizing the same advanced technology.
- First, the channels would collect rainwater, groundwater, and industrial wastewater from the area around Ostium Gorge. The water was then processed and preserved as a valuable natural resource for the notoriously arid Leide region. With the reduction of the Wall, however, also came a release from the royal control, and the facility soon ceased operations.
- At present, the sewers serve as a nesting ground for beasts and daemons that presumably snuck in through the cracks in the now-defunct pipelines. Freshwater fish that flooded into Crestholm have also formed their own ecosystem in the reservoir above ground, a pool known as the sole fishing hole in the whole Leiden mainland.
- Target Scope and Friendship Band accessories can be picked up at Crestholm Channels, but they only spawn when the player is level 35 or higher. This is the only time in the game where the player's level affects loot that spawn on the field.
- Crestholm Channels is one of the few areas in the game that has ladders for the player to climb. Gladiolus, Ignis and Prompto initially did not climb ladders, and simply appeared at the top after Noctis was done climbing. The ability for them to climb was added in patch 1.21.