|Cloud: I couldn't finish 'em. Looks like this's gonna get complicated.|
|The following tables are incomplete for one or more reasons. If you wish, please examine the table and add anything missing. Remove this notice upon completion.|
The Cluckatrice is an Elite Mark in Final Fantasy XII. The Cluckatrice hunt becomes available after the party has returned to Rabanastre after escaping from Barheim Passage, and is the first Elite Hunt given by Montblanc. It is located in the Giza Plains during the Dry on Gizas North Bank. It is encountered after the player has defeated all other enemies, left, and reentered the area.
Clan Primer Edit
Hunt 33: Little Love on the Big Plains Edit
- Petitioner: Dania
- Petitioner's Location: Giza Plains (Nomad Village during the Dry)
- A petition has been submitted for the hunting of a cluckatrice (Rank I). The petitioner is Dania in the nomad village on Giza Plains.
- Hunt accepted. Dania explains that a cluckatrice and her brood are frightening the village's cockatrices. The cluckatrice is to be found along the north bank of the Gizas. She warns you that they are sensitive to humes, and hide at the first sight of danger.
- Cluckatrice defeated! Report to Dania in the nomad village on Giza Plains.
- Hunt reported. At last the village cockatrices can preen in peace.
Bestiary entry Edit
Being the adult form of the Chickatrice, grown Fat and Many in Number thanks to the Rich Abundance of Animal Life available for the Eating in Giza Plains. Recently, their Environs have been sorely taxed by their voracious Appetite, and thus have concerned Villagers posted this Mark. It is rumored that these Creatures first lived in western Lands, and were brought here by a Merchant of little Scruples, who released them into Giza for Reasons unknown.
The Cluckatrice is difficult to defeat, as it is flanked by three Chickatrices, its young. The Chickatrice will appear first, and when one of them are targeted, the Cluckatrice will run out and target the first on the team to strike. It attacks quickly, as it has Haste by default and can Slow and petrify characters.
The Cluckatrice will respawn if the player leaves the area without defeating all the Chickatrices. The Hunt is not considered complete until both the Cluckatrice and all three Chickatrices are defeated.
Another strategy to defeating this mark is to cast Disable. It may take a few castings to connect, but while the Cluckatrice is unable to attack, the player can easily pick off the Chickatrices.
The name is a portmanteau of "cluck," a sound a chicken makes, and "cockatrice." Cockatrice is a creature from mythology. It is similar to the basilisk in appearance and ability, but also possesses flight. A cockatrice is born from an egg hatched by a rooster and incubated by a toad, and its gaze causes instant petrification.The