I couldn't finish 'em. Looks like this's gonna get complicated.
The Chickatrice is an enemy in Final Fantasy XII. Although classified as an Elite Mark, the real target on the hunt is the Cluckatrice, which has three Chickatrices flanking it. The Cluckatrice hunt becomes available after the party has returned to Rabanastre after escaping from Barheim Passage.
Clan Primer Edit
Hunt 33: Little Love on the Big Plains Edit
- Petitioner: Dania
- Petitioner's Location: Giza Plains (Nomad Village during the Dry)
- A petition has been submitted for the hunting of a cluckatrice (Rank I). The petitioner is Dania in the nomad village on Giza Plains.
- Hunt accepted. Dania explains that a cluckatrice and her brood are frightening the village's cockatrices. The cluckatrice is to be found along the north bank of the Gizas. She warns you that they are sensitive to humes, and hide at the first sight of danger.
- Cluckatrice defeated! Report to Dania in the nomad village on Giza Plains.
- Hunt reported. At last the village cockatrices can preen in peace.
Bestiary entry Edit
Being the Fledgling of the Cluckatrice, named Chickatrice until fully grown, possessing a steel-like beak and voracious Appetite from the Day it hatches. Currently considered a dire Threat to the Balance of Nature in Giza Plains, and therefore recognized as a Mark along with the adult Cluckatrice.
The Chickatrice will call its mother and its siblings when approached. The Chickatrice will respawn if the player leaves the battlefield without killing the others.
The name is a portmanteau of "chick" and "cockatrice." Cockatrice is a creature from mythology. It is similar to the basilisk in appearance and ability, but also possesses flight. A cockatrice is born from an egg hatched by a rooster and incubated by a toad, and its gaze causes instant petrification.The